ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 02 - ORDER

"That's a new lipstick, isn't it?"

"Yes. A gift from Wriothesley's little sister, Sigewinne. I babysat her, though I'm sure she's old enough to look after herself."

"I'll have to steal it sometime soon."

Navia finishes applying mascara and twists the cap on, sliding it into the inside pocket of her blazer. She watches Chlorinde make kissing motions at the mirror. A lipstick stain is accidentally left, and she curls her lip in disgust.

Navia laughs, "You aren't supposed to actually kiss the mirror, Chlorinde. Waste of a nice lipstick."

Chlorinde frowns, turning deadpan to Navia, "I know. It was an accident, obviously." she rolls her eyes and turns back to picking at her hair in the mirror.

It's a funny feeling Navia feels. Even the mirror gets kissed by Chlorinde more than she does. She twirls a curl of her hair on her finger and lets it pop out. Chlorinde's hair is straight and dark, the stark opposite to her blonde curls. She's brushed it and ran her hand through it before, and longs to do it today. Right now.

Navia needs to change the topic of conversation.

She clears her throat, "Speaking of Wriothesley." Chlorinde turns to her, hands still in her hair, "Haven't you heard the nasty things people keep saying?"

Chlorinde nods, "Not much chance that I couldn't." she turns back to the mirror, "I'm not sure whether I should ask him about it, or just wait for him to bring it up." she shrugs, standing back from the mirror and tilting her head up.

"You think it's true?" Navia asks, surprised. Chlorinde's quite close to Wriothesley, so Navia would have expected her to be on his side.

Though, she supposes, maybe she is on his side. She just hadn't thought Wriothesley the type to...

Kiss someone like that? Neuvilette is nothing like him, and Navia would have expected Wriothesley to be into the more rebellious type like himself. Rebellion isn't even in Neuvilette's vocabulary, unless he's scolding someone.

"Yeah. Well, I really wouldn't be surprised." Chlorinde muses, "It doesn't take a genius to tell he likes him."

Navia wonders if it takes a genius to tell she likes Chlorinde. The other girl is smart so clearly Navia is doing a a good job of hiding it from her, at least.

She nudges the bathroom door with her foot and the two of them exit, heading to their first class. Navia waves at Melus and Silver, a pair of her older friends she sees around quite often.

"But really, Neuvilette? I wouldn't have thought him Wriothesley's type."

"Spend five minutes between the two of them yourself, Navia." Chlorinde cringes, like she's dredging up some long-buried and painful memory, "And really, I'm more surprised at Neuvilette in this situation. Someone must have been exaggerating, he's far too responsible to do anything like that."

Navia doesn't know either of the boys better than Chlorinde does so she doesn't quite know what to think about the situation. All she really hopes is that it will die down and the talk of kissing will leave her alone.

The hallway ends at a junction and the girls stop, being bumped into by a group of boys behind them. They grumble and walk around the pair, and Chlorinde rolls her eyes.

"I'm heading this way. See you later, Chlorinde!" Navia points left down a hallway, and waves.

Chlorinde nods and her prettily hair falls in her face. She tucks it behind her ear, "Bye, Navia. Have a nice day." she smiles and turns.