Murn After Reading 🍋

(Remember to Vote and Comment as it Does a Lot for Motivation Seeing That You're Reading)

Warning: This chapter will contain depictions and mentions of abuse, if you are triggered by such imagery please do not read. This chapter will also include a lemon scene 

Flashback

In the dimly lit warehouse, Red X, sauntered in, a subtle air of exhaustion clinging to him after completing a demanding assignment. The room echoed with the clinking of poker chips as he discovered his unconventional comrades engrossed in a poker game.

Condiment King, a quirkier character than most, grinned and tossed a chip his way. "X, you're late. We were starting to think you got cold feet on us!"

With a smirk, Red X replied, "Just had some business to wrap up. You know how it is."

Seated around the makeshift poker table were Music Meister, Crazy Quilt, and Egghead, each with their distinctive flair in the criminal underworld. The atmosphere was light, filled with banter and laughter as they exchanged tales of their recent exploits.

Music Meister, strumming his fingers on the table, suddenly shifted the tone. "Speaking of hhhhh stuff" he tried to get out, nervous and clearly had a bit to drink, "My boyfriend left me. Said he couldn't handle my musical mischief."

A hush fell over the group, and Red X offered a sympathetic nod. Meanwhile, Condiment King, ever the provocateur, chimed in, "Well, at least he didn't leave you in a sticky situation like my wife did. Filing divorce papers and all."

The mood grew somber as the weight of personal struggles settled in the room. Red X, usually a man of many words, leaned back, contemplating the unexpected turn in their poker night.

Crazy Quilt, known for his eccentric outlook on life, broke the tension with a philosophical remark. "Life's a gamble, my friends. Sometimes you win big, and sometimes you fold. But we stick together through it all, right?"

The night continued, the warehouse echoed with the clinking of chips and the occasional burst of laughter, these rejects of society had one good night between them all. But a silent, unsaid thought lingered in each of their minds; they were always supposed to be alone.

Flashback Over

Y/N and Rose had not been called in by the team just yet, good thing too. As yet again the two were nursing hangovers, not quite as bad as the ones they've had previously. But Rose had decided to cover herself with blankets, while Y/N had sadly lost in a game of rock, paper, scissors and had been give the elegant job of going to a local fast food joint. As Y/N drove back to the motel from the local Big Belly Burger, he did a small reflection on his current status. He had, relatively decent freedom which wasn't normal in a job for A.R.G.U.S, he had somehow managed to keep his third leg from being sliced off by Deathstroke's Daughter, and had befriended two fellow killers. So far so good.

The mercenary marched up the steps of the motel and fetched out the keys from his right pocket, while his left hand held on tightly to a bag of greasy burgers and fries. Kicking open the door he was met with Rose who was still in bed, although she had turned the tv on which was pretty much the only change since Y/N had left.

"Did you get what I wanted?" the voice of Rose asked out from under the mountains of blanket.

Y/N just sighed out, reaching into the paper bag for Rose's order. "Triple cheese burger, hold the lettuce and tomato" he said, throwing the burger to Rose who emerged from the sheets to grab it with glee. "Another cheeseburger, this one with lettuce and tomato" he said puzzled as to why she'd have one with and one without. "And one medium fries" he finished, placing the small cardboard container on the edge of Rose's bed which was quickly snatched up.