Chapter 1-The Yard Sale

Jim paced around, looking for items of interest. His neighbor Harold set up the yard sale the day prior so he could "Clear out some junk". Jim didn't really like his neighbor since he appeared eccentric and loony, but he came to the sale out of pity. He was his neighbor, after all.

"Heyya neighbor!" Harold boomed. "Ah! What is it Harold?!" "Oh, nothin. I thought that this might interest ya. I know you're into cartoons and all of that junk." The old man gave Jim something that he didn't really expect his neighbor to have; A VHS tape with the words "BOB THE TORTOISE 1995" written in sharpie. "Okay?" Jim questioned. "Do you know what the price on this thing is? There's no tag on it." Harold adjusted his glasses and looked at the tape. "Two bucks!" "Two bucks? Isn't that a bit much?" "All tapes are worth two bucks. Take it or leave it, son." Now feeling defeated, Jim reached into his pocket and gave Harold the two dollars he demanded. "Thanks a lot, sport!" Harold chimed as his neighbor walked away.

Jim was still quite puzzled at the encounter, what was this 'Bob the Tortoise' show and why did Harold give him it?Nevertheless, he walked back home with the tape in his left hand. "I wonder what I can use to play this on..." He pondered. "I know I have a VCR somewhere..." Once inside, Jim placed the VHS on his kitchen table and looked for his VCR. He looked high and low for the thing until he found it in the right corner of his attic. It was caked in dust, but still looked like it would work...probably. Jim went back downstairs and gave it a good cleaning with a few wipes. "There," He said while carrying it over to his TV, "Now you sorta look decent." Jim got on the ground and tried to install it, albeit with some struggle.

"Okay," Jim said, slightly sighing. "I think that's part's done." He got up and walked over to his kitchen table, grabbing the VHS from earlier and putting it in the slot. Everything seemed normal when it first played, and the recording didn't seem too off at first. It was pretty much your average episode of Bob the Turtle: Bob has a good day, something goes wrong, the characters try to solve it, and everyone learns a moral by the end. Pretty standard kid's show stuff.

That feeling was quickly cut short.