To their surprise Petra was the first to have children of her own and at the age of thirty-six, which was a miracle to most women at that age. She and her long time partner, Rhys, got married as soon as they learned of her pregnancy and were living in the city where they were close to the Universities as Rhys was a history professor and Petra an engineer. They had their eldest child, a girl, who the couple named after Iris. Then not long, they had another child, another girl who they decided to name Sarah, after Sarah Kirsch. 

Eren was a bachelor for a long time. He decided to devote his life to the Scouts and the military until he met a girl from Marley who moved to Paradis to have a change of scenery. The girl was six years his junior but they enjoyed each other's company and eventually fell in love. From them, Armin was given three grandchildren – all boys named: Levi, Porco and Marcel. The couple lived by the coast where Eren was stationed and his wife worked as a doctor. 

Every week, Petra and Eren would visit with their families so Armin and Mikasa would see them. There are times when the Kirschs would be there too, and the Royal family whose number has grown. They were a large family in Armin's eyes, and it brought him joy to have such ruckuss in his and Mikasa's quiet home.

“You're enjoying this?” Leon questioned Armin when he saw the man smiling at the sight of the children running around.

“Forgive him, he's being an old man,” Sophia rolled her eyes at her husband. 

“I'm just saying, we're lucky we have the farm so these brats can run around the field without screaming in my ears.” Leon grabbed one of his grandchildren and had them under his arm like a sack of wheat. The child tried to get out of their grandfather's hold but won't budge. “Only way to stop them is by tying them up or have them hooked to that old Aptitude Test machine at the barn.”

“Don't you even dare!” Sophia reprimanded him.

“Sometimes you'll just enjoy these kinds of chaos,” Armin said as he indulged his grandson showing a book with colorful pictures.

Running across the room was Porco who was chasing one of the Reiss boys and Kirsch children with a toy. Historia, now aged, sighed in defeat as she watched everyone go around the house as if it were their playground.

“I apologize if we're causing trouble.” The Queen said.

“We're family, and it's rare for us to gather like this. Mikasa and I enjoy this chaos whenever we're all here. Too bad Jean and Connie aren't here though.”

“If they were, I think this place would explode,” Petra mused as she emerged from the kitchen with tea. “If you wanted a grand reunion, we could have gone to the Kirsch farm instead, Dad.”

Sitting at the single couch in peace with Petra's girls and one of Eren's sons, Mikasa enjoyed the company of children around. She had a protective arm around them all as she listened to whatever tale they had. After their loud and fun day, Historia left for the train back to Sinna with her family while the Kirschs went on their separate ways as Leon and Sofia decided to stay with their eldest daughter who lived in Shinganshina, and their sons went back home to their respective houses. Eren and Petra stayed there, though, by Mikasa's insistence. The couples agreed to have all the children in one room, so they could be together, while the parents found other ways to settle for the night.

Before heading to bed, though, Eren assisted Mikasa tucking in. The woman had tired herself out that day with all the children running around, and received a bit of a scolding from Eren for not taking it easy.

“You're not as you used to be, you know,” Eren sighed. “I understand that you want to be with everyone but you have limits too.”

“You always worry, you know. Thank you, Eren.” Mikasa went to a coughing fit. Eren helped her sit up and called for his sister to get something for their godmother.