22: Cheng sisters' sweet sixteen

Começar do início

"Why do we need these when we know we're heading to grandma's today?" Marinette asked.

"Your grandma needs you two to react to something so you need to put them on." Tom lied.

"But we could have put them on when we reach the front yard of grandma's instead." Y/n stated.

"It's in her front yard so you have to put it on now." Tom insisted. Y/n turned to her twin and whispered, "Something's up, they're not usually like this."

"Let's just trust them, they are our parents after all." Marinette whispered back as both girls put on the blindfolds. When the car pulled up at a parking lot, everyone got out of the car as the family headed to the main lobby to get their keycard after Zoe's parents helped check in the others who were decorating the room earlier.

"I didn't know grandma's place is this cold." Y/n commented as the family entered the lift and went up to their room. Sabine tapped the card and opened the door, leading both girls into the room.

"Alright girls, you can take out your blindfolds." Tom say as both girls removes their blindfolds to see a sign that says 'Happy sweet sixteen', the room decorated with streamers and balloons and a spread of food on the table in front of them.

"Surprise!" Everyone sprung out of their hiding places and wished the twins happy birthday. Zoe and Alya went up to the two and crowned their best friends while putting a sash over the girls.

"You guys didn't have to do this." Y/n started.

"But thank you everyone." Marinette added.

"Let's get this party started!" Nino exclaimed as he started blasting music through the speakers while everyone enjoyed themselves. The girls were taking pictures with each other, even teasing Marinette when Adrien offered to take a picture with her. Y/n on the other hand was enjoying herself but wished she could get affectionate with Luka on the spot but didn't want everyone to know they were dating yet so she had to act like Luka and her were friends.

"Oh my gosh, I had the best day today Luka. And this party is unexpected." Y/n started.

"It is your sweet sixteen anyways, you should have fun." Luka insisted.

"Oh, it's going to be wild when I turn 18 in 2 years." Y/n started thinking about her birthday in 2 years time.

"Alright everyone, gather around for some cake." Sabine called all the guests around the table with the birthday cake.

"Wait, before we have some cake, y/n, why don't we dance this together." Zoe insisted. "Nino, play the chorus part of YO.Universe by VCHA." She requested. A/n: ahhhh I love VCHA and YO.Universe sm!!

"You got it." Nino replied as he looked for the song and played it from the chorus. Everyone started cheering as y/n stood next to Zoe, whispering, "Since when do you dance?"

"I'll tell you later, I know you know this one so let's shut up and dance now." Zoe replied as the chorus played and the girls started dancing to the song. When the next verse played, the best friends stopped dancing as everyone started cheering for them.

"Now we can have some cake." Zoe insisted as everyone sang the twins a birthday song and cut the cake. As everyone was enjoying their cake, Zoe pulled y/n aside and told her how she picked up dancing.

"I'm surprised you didn't join the dance club when you came in last year, you could have made an excellent dancer." Y/n commented.

"Well, dancing is one of my ways of relieving stress but drama and acting will still be my fav." Zoe explained. "You were great there, it was my first time dancing in front of everyone." She continued.