Author's Notes

Hi, everyone!

Hope you are all having an amazingly great day because you all deserve to feel loved everyday! And if you're not? Well, that's completely okay, too. We all have those tough days where life's just hard to get through. But trust me, you're doing better than you think you are :)

Firstly, I want to start off by thanking everyone who is taking the time to read this story in the first place. I literally cannot put into words how much I appreciate any and all of my readers because a lot of the time, you are all the reason why I can always find the motivation to write the stories I ultimately aspire to complete.

Even when I don't always feel like I can, or like I'm good enough to put something great enough out into the world for everyone.

So, I only started watching Heartstopper a few months ago (I know, I know, I was late to the Heartstopper party. Lol) and to be honest, I didn't exactly know how much I would like it at first because I quite literally knew nothing about it other than that one of my best friends loved it.

Which automatically meant that I had to sit down and binge watch it just so I could talk to them about their favorite TV show, obviously, but that was really my only initial thoughts on it.

Well until I actually watched the first episode, that is.

And to put simply how I felt about the show afterwards, I guess you could say it had me at Charlie and Nick's very first, "hi," in form class.

And quite literally EVERY SINGLE scene, afterwards.

The story behind this show created by the wonderful Alice Oseman is just so beautifully articulated throughout each and every scene in the show, guided magnificently by the cute comic book-esque imagery, might I add, that it makes you feel connected to all your emotions in a way that most other forms of media just can't these days.

And the heart behind the show? Ugh...don't even get me started! Because I could probably talk endlessly about why I love these characters so much. Most particularly, Nick and Charlie.

Both of whom I share a lot of similarities with, the good and the bad.

And as for my story itself?

Well, mostly all you need to know is that it takes place during about the time of the second episode of the second season titled, "Family," and focuses primarily on the roller coaster of emotions Nick and Charlie go on as they navigate being not only bisexual and gay, respectively, but also; together.

Of course, I tried my absolute best to capture each and every one of the characters' personalities within these chapters, although just like any of my fan-fiction works, I doubt they're perfect.

I mean, who could even make them that way other than Alice Oseman?

Oh, and Kit Conner and Joe Locke, that is.

They definitely do.

Anyways, that's probably enough of my rambling about Heartstopper for one day. Lol.

Love you all and hope this story can maybe bring a smile to your face like this show always does for me, too.

And remember,

No matter what way life is taking you,

Never let anyone make you disappear.

Because you are amazing just the way you are :)

(P.S. I'm not entirely sure what warning I should put for this story so I figured I might mention it here instead. There won't be any huge things written within this story's chapters although there are some homophobic scenes, along with minor mentions of anxiety, swearing, and eating disorders. In case any of that is something you're not comfortable reading)

Special Dedications;

heartstopperxo: You're sincerely one of the main inspirations I found when writing this story. Because during the time when I was first watching through season one of Heartstopper, before I even read any of the comics, I found your oneshot series based around the show and I was blown away by your ability to balance the heaviness of some of the topics discussed in the show while also reminding us of the hopeful light the love of those around us can carry through the lense of the group, most particularly, Charlie and Nick's eyes.
I cannot state enough how amazing of a writer you are.
Thank you for the inspiration.

AmyDerycke: You are literally one of the sweetest writers I've met on here! And those emotions are emulated so excellently throughout your stories. You manage to spread a message of self-acceptance with articulately thought out descriptions and dialogue pieces.
Needless to say, I love your work and truly cannot wait to hear what you think of mine :)

JayMari-lyn: What can I say about you in only a few paragraphs? Hhmm...let me think...You're one of the funniest, coolest, and honestly, friendliest people I've met on this app to date. We have the uncanny knack for always running into each other practically everywhere (especially in a certain writer's story I already mentioned a minute ago ;)
And I'm honestly just really glad to get to call you a friend because you're awesome.

Narlieship: Firstly, can I just start by saying that I sincerely believe your Heartstopper story is underrated? Because every one of the oneshots I read from you were incredibly sweet and just made my heart, well, stop.
Cheesy pun fully intended. Lol.
Thank you for all the support you gave me while writing this story, too! It means a lot :)

Dedications also go out to my fellow Heartstopper fans;

Robin_Writes_12 and juliaschutz92 You're both truly great people whom I hope to talk to and support more in the future :)