~.* Chapter Fifty-One: Back Home *.~

Comincia dall'inizio

     "'Min?"

     "Hm?"

     "I'm thinking... a cabin on one of those hills. Preferably next to a water source. Not too far from Shiganshina but not too close. A home where I can grow my food, crochet articles of clothing... anything."

     Armin beamed as I continued to speak about what I wanted to live in and I didn't realize he was done applying the cream. Sometime throughout the day, I told him that I didn't want to become an ambassador to be viewed as a hero because Eren said so. Sure, being viewed as humanity's savior will earn me a bunch of respect, but things would probably become sour if they found out I was the Founder's sibling of all things. That'd get me a one-way ticket to be assassinated.

     Not sure about him, but I'm not looking to get assassinated after I survive.

     I was in the middle of talking when suddenly, he placed his head down on my chest. His hand was fixed on my side, holding me like I would vanish at any moment. "What about me? You didn't mention me."

     "I didn't think you were that type of person," I joked, rolling my eyes as the warm sensation in both my chest and cheeks increased. "But fine. I want a place to live with you for the rest of my life. Somewhere we can grow old together in peace. It's fine if we move between then, but wherever I am, I want you to be there with me."

     "That's more like it," Armin spoke as he softened into my chest. I could feel him getting cozy as I set a gentle hand in his jagged hair. He smirked, "After I settle everything with the other nations, I'll have something for you. I promise."

     "Hm?" My inquisitiveness peaked at his last sentence, "Like what? I already have your love, isn't that already enough?"

     His head nestled more into my chest, but not suffocatingly. "No. Not for me. I promised him that I'd give you the world with my very own hands. I don't plan on breaking that promise, seashell."

     My body felt light. His words never ceased to make my stomach flutter. I sometimes couldn't believe that this was the flustered boy who divulged to me under that beautiful orange sky. As I replayed that moment in my head, I felt him shuffle next to me while he pulled me into his arms. "You've done so much for me that... I never even paid you back," I hear him say. "You saved me from those bullies when we first met. You've motivated me multiple times throughout my life. So... I promise that I'll give you everything."

     "If you say so... But when you say everything, do you mean everything?"

     "Of course I mean everything. Unless there's something specific you want?"

     "Well, how do you feel about a family?"

...

     Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months in the blink of an eye. The Azumabitos and Paradis have assisted with transferring goods around to different refugee sights. Also, since I've been trying to help the injured recover, I've been spending time studying medical practices that consist of a little bit of everything. Because of this, I was able to assist Levi with his soreness.

     After a year, I decided to head back to Paradis to improve the medicine over there. It's also been a year since I last saw Mikasa. Although I still wonder how she got back to Paradis, I figured that things are best left unknown. Armin and the rest of the alliance became Ambassadors. The offer was still open to me and I could choose to be a health attache whenever I wanted, but...

     I needed to head home. For my sanity.

     Everybody that stuck with me all this time took their turns saying goodbye.