"I hope you guys enjoyed your studying time cause your two hours are up already." Kenneth came in and politely told the two.

"Great, thank you for reminding us Kenneth." Luka smiled as he and y/n packed their things and left.

"Thanks for all this Kenneth, the stuff here are really good." Y/n thanked.

"No problem, anytime you want another date with your guy here you know where to go." Kenneth smiled.

"Thanks but we're not a couple." Y/n said.

"See you next time Luka." Kenneth bid his junior goodbye as Luka and y/n left the café.

"How about barbeque for lunch?" Luka suggested.

"You just read my mind but waiting for the bus takes forever." Y/n whined.

"Not when you take a Grab ride." Luka showed y/n how far their ride is.

"Wow, you always know when to book a Grab ride." Y/n commented as Luka chuckled. Once their ride was here, they got into the car as the car drove off to the mall near y/n's house.

"Dinner? My treat." Luka asked.

"Actually, my parents are inviting you for dinner tonight. My parents knew we were going out today so they asked if you were coming for dinner." Y/n replied.

"I guess my parents won't mind, dinner at your place it is." Luka shrugged. "But what are we going to do for the rest of the time since it's a little early." He asked.

"I know." Y/n replied, dragging Luka to the photobooth she and Marinette went earlier in the year.

"What are we doing here exactly?" Luka questioned.

"Well, my sister and I did this 2 months ago where we would put on these props and take a few pictures together." Y/n explained. "It's really fun, c'mon." She continued as she dragged Luka into one of the photobooths. After taking a few strips, they admired the pictures and headed to y/n's house for dinner.

"Luka, glad you could come. Come on in young man." Tom warmly welcomed Luka into the house.

"Just give me a few more minutes Luka, you can stay in the living room while waiting." Sabine smiled from the kitchen.

"I'll head up to y/n's room for a little while." Luka insisted as he followed y/n to her room. When y/n entered her room, her smile fell when she forgot her room was in a mess.

"Oh my gosh. I apologise for all of this, I was in a rush this morning." Y/n apologized as she ran over to clean the mess while Luka chuckled at the sight of y/n's messy room.

"Not a problem, my room is probably even messier than yours." Luka commented. Y/n retorted, "Well, that doesn't make the situation any better?" As y/n put down her things, she turned on the speaker in her room and started playing some music, humming along to the tune as she organized her room.

"Ooh, looks like the bear you gave me fell off the bed this morning and I didn't even notice." Y/n joked, picking up the teddy bear Luka gifted her when she was sick and rearranging it nicely on her bed.

"Bet you sleep with it every night because it smells like me." Luka smirked. Y/n's mouth widened open. Folding her arms, she replied, "Oh, I see where this is going."

"Go on."

"Okay, I do sleep with it every night but not because of your scent but because-" While y/n was explaining about sleeping with the teddy bear, she slipped on something on the floor and fell onto her bed. At the same time, she accidentally kicked Luka's knee which caused him to lose balance and fall on top of her. With a short distance between their lips, the two of them tried not to freak out.

"Uh I am so sorry." Luka apologized as he helped y/n up.

"No, no, I'm supposed to be sorry, I kicked your leg which caused you to fall on top of me." Y/n apologized.

"You really must be clumsy like your sister." Luka commented as y/n punched Luka's shoulder. Wincing in pain, Luka said, "Okay, okay, maybe not."

"Guys, dinner is ready." Marinette called from downstairs.

"Coming." Y/n replied as she picked up the last thing she slipped on before heading down with Luka.

'Gosh y/n, why are you becoming awkward like your sister?' Y/n thought.

"Woah, this looks like a spread." Luka commented after seeing all the dishes on the table. As everyone took a seat, Sabine insisted, "Dig in young man."

After dinner, Luka hung out with y/n for a while in her room where they talked, played with y/n's guitar, even giving y/n extra guitar tips. When it was time for Luka to head home, y/n escorted Luka out of the house.

"Thank you, Mr and Mrs Cheng for dinner tonight." Luka thanked.

"Come again soon Luka, the youngest Cheng can't stop gushing about you." Sabine winked.

"Mom, stop embarrassing me." Y/n whined as Luka chuckled.

"No worries, I'll come back again for sure." Luka smiled. As y/n's parents left the two, Luka burst out laughing.

"Oh shut it you." Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Kidding, thanks for today by the way." Luka thanked.

"I should be the one thanking you for asking me out on a study date." Y/n thanked.

"We'll talk later lil sis." Luka smiled.

"Sure big bro, get going or your parents will worry about you." Y/n said.

"Bye y/n." Luka waved as he walked to the bus stop. Along the way home, Luka thought of the distance between him and y/n hours ago.

'I've never been this close to you before, will we ever get any closer?' Luka thought as he admired the photo strips he took with y/n.  

Word count: 1585