Chapter 57 - The Fear of the Unknown

Start from the beginning

Ryuuen grabbed Karuizawa by her hair. Her face twisted in agony, but there was no fear behind her eyes.

"You were so full of despair a moment ago. But now, it's like that weight has been freed from you. You have absolute faith in Ayanokouji. You'd tell everyone about your past if it meant protecting him. Don't worry now your role is over."

He forcefully shoved Karuizawa to the side.

"You two have really entertained me, especially you, Ayanokouji. You might be another Class D defect, but you've seen through me the entire way. I've finally drawn you out of hiding, and now I've decided my next move."

Ibuki drew closer to Ryuuen. "What you're about to do will put Class C at risk."

"Heh," Ryuuen scoffed. "The lone wolf, finally considering others. How humorous."

"I've cooperated with you so far. But clearly, they don't have any more tricks. I won't be a part of this."

"You know what I'll do?"

"Of course. You're going to hurt them."

Ishizaki went rigid for a moment, recalling memories from earlier this year.

"You've beat everyone. Even Albert. Forcing them to obey you at all times."

"Violence best demonstrates our power difference. Ayanokouji has been a thorn in my side, it's time to return the favor."

"And I'm saying this puts Class C at risk!" Ibuki cried.

Smack!

Ryuuen struck Ibuki across the face, and she fell silent immediately.

"As long as I'm having fun, I don't care. Violence is easy to understand," Ryuuen barked.

That was his final answer, eh.

"I think I understand why you two approached us so late in the game," Ryuuen continued. "It's so we can't take this fight somewhere else, right?"

Albert took a step away from us and stood in front of the door to the rooftop. Blocking off any means of easy escape for us.

"But in the end, it was still a bad move. You might've thought the fight would end here, but I'm not letting things go. You've escaped my grasp multiple times by your cunning. But let's see what you can do now that you're face to face with a real threat."

"It seems our escape route has been blocked off," Kiyotaka said. "I guess you got what you wanted."

"First, I'll wipe off that calm look on your face and replace it with fear. Then I'll make sure your buddy over there never gets in my way again," Ryuuen replied as he pointed at me.

"Are you really going to hit me?"

"War isn't a battle of wits. Killing an enemy's leader is just as powerful as outsmarting its tactician. I'm making sure to burn the image of you two crippled on the floor into my mind. Then, next semester, I'll start by taking a bite out of those Class B cowards."

"Violence is a powerful tool," Kiyotaka responded. "However, it is only a useful tool if it is stronger than your opponent. Understand?"

"Huh?" Ryuuen gawked.

"The four of you won't be enough to stop us. Let alone myself."

"Wha..?" Ibuki raised a suspicious eyebrow.

True, any normal person would be in a tough scenario, considering the number of opponents is double.

But it was that prideful claim by Kiyotaka that threw them off.