Chapter 8

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚HARRY˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Their mating ceremony takes place on a Wednesday.

There’s a large expanse cleared in the forest for them and some of the council members had taken great care to string fairy lights through all of the pine trees that stand guard around the altar that has been constructed for the wedding. Soft sage green accents, sunflowers, and white calla lilies adorn the table settings and chairs and it’s everything Harry could have ever dreamed of. It looks like the forest wonderland his parents had described in the books they’d read him as a child.

Louis looks positively devourable, standing shyly at the altar, eyes trained on Harry.

They say the mandatory words before reading off some vows that had been carefully crafted by both sets of their parents. Harry isn’t upset about it. He doesn’t want the whole audience to know every single vulnerable piece of affection he feels towards his Mate.

Finally, they get to kiss. He can barely see Zayn’s knowing smirk, Liam and Niall’s supportive grins, and his parents clapping in the background. 

The night flies by in a blur, everyone coming up to congratulate them, unaware of the journey they’d gone over the past semester. Harry almost finds it funny that he feels like a completely different person and yet, everyone is under the impression that everything is as it should be.

Zayn gives some cryptic speech that Harry’s sure almost none of the guests comprehend, but he still manages to make more than half of them cry. Not to be outdone, Liam stands right next to him, delivering his own anecdotes about Louis and Harry as children and the guests laugh uproariously, no doubt most of them having witnessed the events firsthand.

Harry wants nothing more than to steal away from the prying eyes of the Council. He’s already received several questions about his plans of action when he ascends into the seat and he’d really rather have just one night of bliss before dealing with all of the insistent coachings.

As if Louis can read his mind, Harry finds himself being tugged away by his new mate, deep into the forest where they had their first picnic together.

“What’s this?” He asks, hushed as he takes in the scene before him.

There’s the same soft pink picnic blanket splayed on the grass and atop it stands Harry’s telescope.

“I know you’ve been weird about using it,” his omega says shyly. “So I thought we could try it out right now. I’m curious to look through it as well.”

Harry tucks the sweet omega into his side, planting a kiss on his head. “How did I ever end up deserving you?” He whispers up to the night sky.

“Stop, or else I’ll cry again,” Louis bats at him weakly. “C’mon, let’s go use your toy.”

“It’s not a toy,” Harry grumbles. “It’s a very expensive piece of equipment that I’m not quite sure how you figured out to acquire.”

He had done his research after staring at the elaborate box for what felt like days and sure enough, the telescope wasn't some inexpensive child’s toy that could be found at the local bargain bin. It seemed Louis had truly done his research on all the different models and chosen the top-of-the-line. Harry can’t say he’s surprised, but he is a little overwhelmed by the gesture.

“Well, I want you to have one that lets you see the most amount of stars and planets,” Louis rationalizes.

“That’s not how it works,” Harry mutters fondly, dropping another kiss to Louis’ head.