Chapter 11

"So, how did it go?" asks Edaline as both teenagers entered the kitchen. 

Sophie takes a seat at the table, watching Keefe do the same on the opposite side of the table.

"Well, considering we're here, I'd say decently." Sophie answers, grabbing a piece of mellowmelt from the plate on the table. Keefe grabs two and places his plate in front of him, grinning cheekily when Edaline looks at him with her eyebrow raised. 

"What did they want?" Edaline questions, taking a seat on the other side of the table.

"They asked about Elyseus and how they wanted to find her. I answered I couldn't tell them and they reminded me of my promise when we started Team Valiant. So basically... I'm screwed." She answers, resting her back against the chair.

"How about we call Mr. Forkle for him to s-" Edaline starts, before Sophie quickly interrupts her.

"No!" She exclaims. "I don't care what's going on, even if the world was crumbling I wouldn't want to see him. I don't want to see him ever again. "

Edaline opens her mouth as if to say something before changing her mind. "Okay, then. What will you tell them?" She asks instead.

Sophie shrugs. "I don't know yet. I'll probably come up with something."

Edaline frowns. "You know they'll come back for you once they realize you lied to them, right?" Edaline asks, taking a piece of mallowmelt and shoving it in her mouth.

Keefe suddenly stands up. "Right. Well, they said Foster had a week to tell them, so why don't we come up with something? Clearly, you won't tell them the truth. But, as your dear mother said, the Council will do everything in their power to get you to talk. "

Sophie looks at him impatiently, waiting for him to explain his idea.

"No need for this impatience Foster. I'm gonna tell you." He says, before adding "When I think of it."

Sophie groans, and she stands up. "Call me when you have a plan."

Keefe frowns. "Heyyyyy. Are you seriously not gonna help me find one? You're the Mysterious Miss F. You can't leave me alone." He whines.

Sophie raises her eyebrows. "Do you think they'll know I'm lying if I say that they have to leap-jump there with illegal Star-Light?" She asks, and Keefe smirks.

"See, you can't resist making plans even if you don't want to." He teases her. "But it's a good idea actually."

Edaline smiles, before getting up. "Why don't you two perfection your plan upstairs ?"

Sophie gets up from her seat, passing her hands through the fabric of her dress, leaving the kitchen with Keefe trailing behind her, keeping his arms in front of him to be able to catch Sophie if she falls.

Once they arrive in the girl's room, Sophie sits on the edge of her bed, leaving Keefe to sit at her desk.

"You look really pretty with that dress on." He says, keeping his eyes off her face. Sophie smiles.

"Are you telling me I don't look pretty otherwise?" She teases, looking him straight in the eye. His embarrassed expression turns into a panicked one.

"No, no, no, that's not what I meant!" He exclaims, making her chuckle softly.

When he understands she was only teasing him, he gets up, a relieved grin on his face, he sits next to her and grabs her hand.

Sophie smiles up at him, cursing his height in her head. How is he so tall?

"We should probably think about something. " He finally says, before getting up from the bed and grabbing a random notebook from the girl's desk and coming back with a pen in hand.

Sophie straightens her back, "Right. Any ideas?"

I'm so sorry this took so long for me to publish, I've had bad writer's block and things were crazy with school and family stuff...
Anyway, this chapter is quite short and I'm not sure of how it looks but I'll probably edit it one day
Thank you so much for reading and leaving comments  <3