The Triad

XiiiX

     Within a few days, the consequences of their plan spreads through the entire village. Gossip shifts from Naruto's alleged infidelity to the two alpha's making fuck me eyes every time they're seen together. Kakashi’s vicious outburst also serves its purpose, even if it wasn’t exactly planned. They are no longer followed by stray anbu or other spies. That's not to say everything is perfect. The rumors changed but are often still unkind. Some people are angry or disturbed; others don't totally believe it. Publicly, Kakashi continues to court Sasuke and privately all three proceed with caution as they navigate this most recent change to their relationship. 

     Things between Sasuke and Naruto don’t drastically change overnight. The soulmates dance around one another like pups with a crush and Kakashi could bash his head into a wall. In the privacy of their home Naruto has started to allow himself to look at Sasuke differently. He smiles more and drifts into Sasuke’s personal space. To anyone paying attention, and Kakashi is paying attention, Naruto is waiting. Unfortunately, Sasuke doesn't make a move. Watching them pussyfoot around reminds the older alpha exactly how he got a chance with Naruto in the first place. He considers taking matters into his own hands, (for his sanity and theirs) but Naruto has asked him not to intervene.

     The changes between Kakashi and Sasuke are more profound. The two alphas are actively exploring what it means to share territory, responsibilities, and a lover. Out of necessity Kakashi bites Sasuke’s throat on a weekly basis and the pseudo submission grates on them both–making Kakashi smug and Sasuke eager to establish some semblance of dominance. Their public displays of affection are just as confusing. Every time they meet in the middle of the day they flirt. They stand close. Kakashi shamelessly feeds Sasuke treats. The encounters leave both alpha's with needy, swollen teeth and frantic instincts that make them want to fight or fuck or both. It doesn't help that there are no absolute secrets between them. Sasuke always knows when Kakashi enjoys marking him up a little too much; Kakashi always knows when Sasuke is nervous or confused or excited; Naruto is thankful he's rarely present for their performances because he's too ashamed to think how he might react. 

     There are moments of levity, though. The two alpha’s enjoy cooking together and Naruto is staying well fed. Any time the three of them can dote on their daughter the more violent instincts quiet down. An occasional loaded silence creeps into more intimate moments, especially after Sarada has been put down for the evening. When the tension of the day reaches a crescendo and the dishes are done and thoughts of bed aren’t always about sleep…there is a moment of pause. If Sasuke were a beta or an omega, there would be no discussion. He would sleep with them in their bed, snuggled together like a proper triad.

     But each night when that feeling seeps in, Naruto lingers but doesn't extend an invitation; Sasuke unravels the same blanket he sleeps with every night on the sofa. A flicker of disappointment skips across Naruto’s mood but he squashes it almost as soon as it flutters up. They repeat this every night. Naruto drops subtle but obvious hints that he wants more; Sasuke never goes for it; it's steadily driving Kakashi crazy.

XiiX

     The day of the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony starts with Sasuke waking in the early hours of the morning. He's dreading the ceremony for several reasons and would barter his remaining hand for a few more hours of uninterrupted sleep. Unfortunately, Sasuke knows he won't get that. Down the hall, in the master bedroom, Naruto and Kakashi are quietly enjoying each other's company and Sasuke's dick is hard. Though the mates probably hope that they can get a quickie in while everyone sleeps, the transference bleeds over all the same. Awake or asleep, Sasuke is helpless against it.

     The first few times the couple messed around while Sasuke slept, he woke up mortified. He's no stranger to morning wood but waking because he's on the cusp of an orgasm is a very different experience. His body reacts before he’s even conscious. Arousal sinks into his brain, gets into his blood, lights up all the parts of his body that make it feel like there's someone with him, touching him, loving him. By the time he opens his eyes, his hips are already undulating, gently rocking into nothing but keeping a lazy, indulgent rhythm like he knows exactly how Kakashi is moving. It's excruciating. He contemplates rolling over to hump the furniture so he can pretend like he's the one with Naruto right now.