My mom looks at me and motions with her head for me to join them, but when I even stand in the doorway, Billy and Tommy start whining saying "no y/n you don't even like this game. we need even teams, you mess it up."

Mama shushes them telling them "hey now. Boys thats not nice and that's not how we speak to your sister. If she wants to join us she's more than welcome to."

As she turns to look at me and says "baby you can join, come here."

I softly shake my head and say "it's okay mama, I've got lots of work to do anyway. Have fun."

What I don't see is my moms share a look,  having a silent conversation, deciding that they're gonna talk to me when they put the boys to bed.

What I do, however do, is go upstairs to my room. Too numb to even feel upset about anything. I wasn't lying when I said I had lots of work to do.

But. Every time I try to do it. My concentration doesn't hold up. And I cannot for the life of me focus.

So after hours of trying, I give up. Laying in bed. Just flat on my back, staring at the ceiling.

I just need a few moments of peace to collect myself.

What I do not need is, the twins running in to my room, climbing up on my bed despite my protests, as they jump up and down. Screeching and laughing fills my ears making me block my ears.

Not long after I see my glass of water get knocked off my bedside table and shatter into pieces, and my clothes I had out ready for tomorrow are now splayed out across the floor, as well as the work I was doing due to the boys chucking my pillows and blankets around.

This must have pushed me over the edge because the next thing I know, an uncontrollable scream comes out of my body. Loud. And unpleasant. But I need something to shut everything off and I suppose this is what my body decided was best to do.

It doesn't take long for the boys to scurry off, with smirks on their faces, the absolute little... okay.

Upon hearing the scream clearly my moms panicked as before I know it I hear them outside my door. I hear mama say "Nat will you go check on the boys first and I'll go see what's up with y/n/n." There's a pause in which I'm positive they're kissing. They're honestly so in love and I adore it. I want a love like that.

Mama gently knocks before instantly opening the door anyway. She's met with me, laying face down on the bed now, hiding my tear stricken face from her.

I don't like to be emotional in front of them. As I said I've been good at putting up a front. But it clearly ran out tonight.

I feel a dip next to me, and then I feel a gentle hand on the back of my head, and another on my back rubbing circles. I let out a sigh at the touch.

I can tell she's hesitant with what to say or do since she's not used to this sort of thing happening with me. Her touch is there but I can tell she's unsure in her movements.

She waits a few minutes before whispering "what's going on baby?"

I immediately shake my head harshly into the pillow. I don't want to talk about it. Not now.

She seems to get it saying "you don't want to talk? that's okay." There's a pause before she continues "I don't know what to do to help you my love. I don't know what's going on, so I can't talk to you about it. Um"

She cuts herself off as she's not sure what she wants to say. But just as that happens my mom also walks in, and settles down on the other side but she sits on the floor so her head is level with mine.

I forgot to mention it got really hard to breathe face down so I turned my head to the side. The side that my mama wasn't. But now either way I'm face to face with one of my mothers. So.

I see my mom pout at my face, clearly noticing the tears. She rests her elbows on the mattress and then puts her head in her hands as she stares at me. She reaches a hand out to carefully stroke my face.

I remember she always used to do this to me as a kid, she hasn't done it in a while though. She starts by stroking my cheek and then she runs her finger along my eyebrows, nose and lips, continuing until she gets a little smile out of me. My eyes fluttering closed occasionally at her touch.

She smirks, and leans in quite literally placing her face right in front of mine. She presses a long kiss to my forehead and then my nose, pulling away to look at me again.

She whispers "did it all get a bit much today?"

Making me give her a somewhat surprised look and give a quiet 'yeah' as i let out a whimper.

Mom whispers "what can I do? what can we do, to help you baby?"

I just shrug, no matter how much I want it I will never admit it or ask for them to hold me, hug me, kiss me, or give me any sort of affection. She pouts at me again, clearly thinking.

I turn back to face the ceiling, and just as I do that, my mama leans in to kiss my temple. That makes me take a deep breath. She seems to notice that, and she leans in again and kisses my forehead.

Noticing that the affection is helping way more than it's hurting me she shifts to actually lay next to me in bed. When she does that she shifts me, to be facing my mom instead of the ceiling. Then she spoons me tightly holding me against her body and pressing kisses to the back of my head.

They're both still none the wiser as to what the issue is. But it means a lot to me to know that they want to make me okay before they help me work through what's wrong.

My mom then climbs in next to us, facing me, and placing her forehead on mine. She says "whatever it is. We'll talk it through properly tomorrow and help you in every single way that we can. We've got you. Okay? Always. We love you. Just talk to us when you can baby."

At her words my bottom lip starts to wobble making her cup my cheek again and press repeated kisses to my forehead. Upon the tears stopping and just a slight pout on my face, she gives me a little smile, before leaning in and pecking my pouting lips, making me let out a proper smile and blush a little, subconsciously leaning into her more. That makes her chuckle as she leans in and brushes her nose against mine.

Now that we're all settled, mama pulls the blanket over all of us before wrapping her arms around me from behind once again. For a moment she rests the side of her head on top of mine, pressing our faces together.

Mom 'aw's at the sight, insisting on grabbing her phone quickly to take a photo of us, and frankly I'm too exhausted to protest. So I don't.

Mama turns to press lots of kisses to the side of my head, before leaning over and kissing mom, before resting back down.

Mom smiles at me, pressing a final kiss to my nose, before wrapping an arm around me and mama, pressing my head to her chest, and we all close our eyes for at least a very much needed nap, which we likely won't wake up from until morning. Me feeling the safest I've felt in a long time, with my mothers.

———
A/N okay so I didn't even mean to write this..