chapter 22

now it's time to say goodbye to those who have been eliminated. the part which I've been dreading. I did not want to do it, I do not want to say goodbye to the new friends that I've made.

while I do not want to say goodbye, I knew I had to. I stood up and went down the stage alongside the other trainees.

i was going to head straight towards my other yuehua trainees when I spotted Mun junghyun,so I went to him. "mun" I called, looking up to the sky to make sure no tear falls.

"jiaqi..." and that's it, it was his quivering voice that broke my facade. I looked at the boy, and opened my arms to give him a hug. he immediately came into my embrace.

I rubbed his back as more tears spilled from his eyes. "you did well mun, it's okay" I told him trying to comfort him. "I'm always a text away okay" and he nodded.

then Ricky came, "jiaqi" he called and i pulled away from mun to look at him, but before that i wiped his tears. turning to Ricky, the blond guy said, "let's go to brian" with that I gave mun a pat and  while others came to him. then I went to find Brian.

when I found him, he wasn't crying. i took his hands in mine, " Brian, I'll miss you please remember to text me" I tell him swinging his arm from side to side.

he nodded and pulled me in for a hug. afterwards I went to find the Limousine team, I had accompanied them and watched while they practiced many times.

" yah hyunbeen, I'll do my best for you" I told the boy, I have grown used to his constant teasing, I couldn't imagine going through PLANET WORLD without him. he nodded. "you'll do well jiaqi, I'll be watching you. so you better do well. or I'll hunt you down, you and the stupid vest" he said pointing at me.

I chuckled remembering him flexing, before opening my arms and he nodded coming forward to hug me.

" are you going to cry " he asked looking at my semi-red eyes. i shook my head, "why would i" i asked. he nodded, "I'm rooting for you yea" he told me and I nodded this time trying my best not to cry.

he rubbed my back, and perhaps that did it for me, accepting the reality as tears started rolling down my eye. my mascara were the last of my concerns.

( on that night at the dorm )
[ jiaqi is in park hanbins and seungeon w/ yunseo ]

" I don't want them to let them go, they all did so well " I said playing with my fingers. When someone ruffled my hair, "Let's just do our best for our Yuehua trainees and the others" seungeon told me and yunseo agreed giving me a smile.

"they're right you know" Park Hanbin said from behind me, while massaging my shoulders. then he stopped massaging and leaned on my shoulder, " just go and sleep " he said hitting my back which means the massage is over.

so we did just that. sleep. my beauty nap.

[ep.09 : started to realise ]

the next day, it's a bright and cheery new day! All the sadness is gone completely! was the happy happy spirit going to last though? i don't know

we're in our respective studios, 3 of our original members have been eliminated so we have 11 - 3 = 8 people. which is too many for en garde. so it calls for reshuffling!

en garde is a group of 6 so 2 person have to leave. The stakes are pretty high here. we are at this point where there are only three or four days before the actual performance. changing to a new song at this point could be disastrous for anyone slow to learn choreography or lyrics.

also, the song with the most open spaces is Supercharger, which features choreography so difficult that even Haruto had trouble with it after many days of working on it. Anyone who gets kicked out of their team has a decent chance of being stuck with Supercharger.

personally, I can learn choreography not say quickly but it probably takes a day. I memorised en garde choreography within a day, so maybe I could... but I really really love this song and team. leaving this team would be my last last resort.

suddenly the door opened catching all our attention, then haruto who wore black glasses entered followed by Kamden and Shuaibo.

the team immediately stood up and went to their opposite side. I stood in between Gunwook and Gyuvin, so I looked exceptionally short.

we were interlacing our arms, and we were all so nervous. " why do you think we're here? " they asked. "are you here to check if the studio is clean?" junhyeon asked. "or if there's a gas leak?"

Well we obviously know they're not, at this point we're just denying reality because no no no.

"The reason we're here is that if we pick someone it's fixed," Haruto said and park hanbins mouth open so big he could swallow Gyuvin vertically.

everyone else pretty much froze in shock, at this point I wanted to dig a hole and fit myself inside so they wouldn't see me and thus wouldn't pick me. pretty genius yeah.

everyone was freaking out when Haruto suddenly said he was lying. thank all the stars in the sky, because with all due respect, I did not want to spend the next 2 days figuring out how to do the supercharger choreography. It's extremely difficult. mad respect to whoever is doing it.

then the 3 of them left the practice room giving us time to discuss. we sat in our semicircle again, this time to discuss who to leave.

park hanbin who sat beside me had told me he might want to leave the group, for the greater good he had said.

so he's the first one out, we needed another one. "yeaa jiaqi, join me" he said listing the benefits of it and also saying that we have not performed together on planet world yet.

so blahblahblah and guess what I was convinced. "alright, I'll join hanbin hyung" I told the group and it's decided.

"do you want to go out first or do I?" hanbin asked and I opened the door and pushed him out. "okay you could've just-" he shouted halfway, then I opened the door and followed.

" oh my god, jiaqi and hanbin hyung" haruto said. "which one do yall want to join?" so as cute as haruto was, and as tempting as it was to join Supercharger... the crazy choreography kept replaying in my head and turned me to the direction of switch team.

so we both headed to team switch. then we followed them to continue the recruitment of our teams.

a/n: I'm so tired bro, so if this chapter is weird I'm sorry. I love yall, thanks for making it this far into the book. so much love for yall 🤍