Teach me how to flirt, Twenty six

ابدأ من البداية

I love you, I’ll call you every single day, just answer the phone will you?

Zachariah”

Ella read it again, a smile lifting her lips.

She was so stupid, so so stupid.

And as if his last words left an impact on her, when her house’s phone rang, she dropped the letter and ran towards it in full speed.

“ Zachariah?” she breathed hopefully fighting the lodge in her throat.

A thick gasp was heard and suddenly he yelled,

“Oh My god! Chika! Where the heck were you? I missed you like heck!”

Ella laughed out loud as she sat on the chair beside the phone and before she knew it, her tears were falling on her cheeks

“I miss you too” she sobbed.

“Aweh sweetheart, where did you disappear? I tried calling you like a million times a minute ever since I arrived to Stanford but you never answered!”

“I know, I know. I forgot my cell at Marlin’s and I was too scared to read the letter because a part of me was just… I felt… you j-just left Zack and I was all a-alone…”

“Chika, stop with the bullshit. You know I’d never do that, if I were planning to break up with you” he snickered,” I wouldn’t have taken you with me to this road trip.”

Ella nodded wiping away her tears.

“I miss you” she repeated.

“me more” he said as he was panting slightly.

“Zachariah, where are you?” she said.

“well, if I tell you, you’d have me killed.” He joked.

“no seriously, where are you?” she repeated, she had this feeling.

“I’m cheating on you.” He said jokingly,” right now. I am calling you while doing other stuff with this girl.”

Ella scowled at his glasses on the kitchen table.

“you are so not funny.”

“what?” he asked innocently and she imagined he’d mostly be shrugging.

“you don’t just joke about cheating on me, like what the hell!” she yelled as she slashed the air with her palm.

“cool down chika, so how was your first week in school?”

Ella ignored his panting and sat on the couch with his glasses on, and she started telling him about everything.

From Noah, to the obnoxious new kid who seems to be so full of himself, and he is even a sophomore.

“he is like so young, how dare he thinks he’d be capable of getting you?” Zack commented annoyingly and Ella smiled wickedly.

“jealousy, jealousy” she sang teasingly. “shut up” his thick manly voice reprimanded her.

“fine, cool down” she said laughing.

“I sent you another letter a couple of days ago, did you get it?” Zack asked suddenly.

Ella frowned and bit her lip,” nope, I didn’t actually check my postbox.”

“what?! Go and look, will you? It tells you all about Stanford and actually, I am having a class in a few, so I can’t tell you all details right now.”

Ella felt a little disappointed he’d be willing to put Stanford as a priority, but then she corrected herself, Stanford was just the ‘right now’ priority, Ella however was his ‘long term’ priority.