007

On a Friday night, you had met up with Suguru. He took you back to the rooftop and you did your best to ignore the odd stares in the lobby.

With December approaching you were forced to bundle up. You tugged down at your hat making sure it was fitted over your ears.

"You smoke?" Suguru asked. You shook your head and he didn't pressure you. He brought the joint back up to his lips. Breathing in deeply he exhaled the smoke through his nose.

You looked over the ledge looking down at the city.

He hadn't even gotten around to explaining himself. Instead when you met with Suguru, everything sort of went back to the way things were before.

"I still don't believe you work here." You leaned over the railing. You rested your chin against the palm of your hand.

It wasn't so bad, being around Suguru at least. He was far from perfect but you knew that. The moment you agreed to hang out with Suguru the first time you were aware of what you had been signing up for. Just now it was different.

Part of you knew the reason why you seemed to have kept him around. The feeling of being chased after and wanted was addicting. Suguru was constantly at war with himself, indecisive and unclear. You weren't unfamiliar with either of those things.

It brought comfort in a way but also kept you feeling validated knowing Suguru would eventually cave in and go after you.

However not knowing his true motives made it all confusing. What did you offer to Suguru that he wanted so bad?

"Why?" He asked.

"I mean what do you contribute here?" You turned to face him watching as the wind tangled up his hair.

You had come to notice he wore his hair almost the same way every time you had seen him, in a half-up style.

"Ouch, Princess. You really think I'm that useless?" He pretended to be wounded. A dramatic hand over his chest as he faked a wince.

"Want my real answer?" You hummed.

"No." He said bluntly as he turned away completely dropping the act.

Before the silence could wash over again he spoke up, not looking at you.

"You were right." His voice was quiet, barely able over the wind.

You looked up at him noticing that he was still staring down into the city.

"It was shitty for me to do that but it wasn't because of anything you had done. I figured you wouldn't have wanted anyone to know." Suguru had managed part of an apology but the actual words didn't leave his mouth.

For a moment you believed he was incapable of just saying 'I'm sorry' and it was clear you were never going to get that from him.

Still, the last sentence bugged you a bit. You didn't like the implications.

"Where did you make that conclusion? And are you blaming me Suguru?"

"Myself for being an idiot." He corrected you.

You huffed out all the air from your lungs.

"You're not wrong there. You are an idiot, the biggest one I've ever met. I mean it's impressive that you managed to even land a job like this. Or even the fact that—" You were cut off mid-sentence by Suguru.

"Are you just going to insult me the entire time we're up here?" Suguru pressed the tip of the unfinished joint against the railing turning off the flame.