She took a deep breath. Her long brown hair was pulled back and the cloak she wore wrapped around her body, broached at the neck. "How noble."

"Why aren't you attacking me?"

She started to laugh. "You think I would make it this easy?" She laughed again, the piercingly high sound making me shut my eyes. "Come on, Mitchell. I need to play with my mouse before I catch it." She started to step closer to me but I stood my ground. My heart raced as she came closer. "You and me...we're very much the same. Didn't you try to preach that to me before? Well it's true. We're both fighters, and sometimes lovers, but there is one big difference between you and me." She was only an inch away from me, her long pointy finger poking into my bony chest. "I'm not scared."

The lights turned on in the entire yard, and I was able to see her petite face. I didn't rip my eyes away from hers.

"Whether or not blondie returns won't stop me from coming back here, Grassi. I can guarantee you that. My useless team has been let go and now you have but one thing to worry about." She started to back away and she put her arms up. "Me!"

I snickered at her smile and shook my head. "Not a problem."

She rolled her eyes out of amusement. "You are so cute...I can't wait to see what you can do. What your team can do. What..."

"You're not going to meet these kids." I said to her with warning in my voice. "They just discovered their powers...they're basically like newborns."

"So was your lover." Bitterness crossed her face. "And he defeated me temporarily."

I felt the hurt in my chest thinking about Scott. "You turned into him."

"I mirrored him. A little trick I picked up in Hollywood. You can imagine the fun I had."

"You're a thief."

"No, no." She said and then laughed again. "You see, I feel back for people like you. You have one power...such a basic little man..." She looked at me sympathetically. "I've gotten to experience the world...I'm not a thief. I'm just cultured."

I shook my head, my tired eyes bringing my attention to my fatigued body. "Why are you here?"

"To warn you." She said casually. "Like I said, I'm not going to make this easy for you."

"Fine." I began to walk off towards the house. "We'll be waiting."

Silence fell over us again and I tried to focus on the ground as I walked along. I couldn't turn back to her, as much as I wanted to hurt her. She helped drive my love away. I wanted to blame her completely, but I knew that was irrational. I was the initial reason Scott had left and I had to accept it.

"You do NOT stop thinking about him." She said bluntly.

I stopped and turned to her. "Get the hell out of my head." I demanded her. "It's none of your fucking business."

She started towards me and I turned to walk away. "EH!" She yelled out and my body stopped where it stood. "Stay."

I thought about Scott, the way he told me to stop talking and my words caught in my throat. His eyes were light blue and he ran his hands down his face.

"He learned about his power..." She said, coming up behind me. "He learned how powerful he was..."

I shut my eyes in defeat.

"He would make such an amazing partner..."

"NO!" I yelled out to her and she came to face me. "Don't you dare go near him!"

"Or what?" She challenged. "I can find him! I can track him down. You're too scared of the world, Mitch. How are you going to stop me if you can't leave your family?" She took one last sigh and then smiled. "I'm going to find him. He can't defeat me this time."

Just like that, she was gone from sight and I dropped to my knees. My mind went to a million different places at once, thinking about where he could be. She could sniff people out, sure, and who knows how long it would take her, but I had something on her. I knew Scott. I learned everything I could about him through his words, not just his mind. Just because I had a superpower didn't mean I needed it to love someone.

I stood up from the ground and looked up towards the large house before me, in all its castle like essence. The stone walls were lit from the hallway lights being on. The yard around it was dying, but normally it would be an emerald green that made it look like a scene out of the Italian countryside. It was my home, even though it didn't completely feel like it.

My home was the trailer; the beaten down, jerky trailer that cotted me around the country. It was my solace. My sanctuary. That was my home.

Then it hit me.

I looked up at the sky towards the clouds that had blocked out the stars. They glowed a strange orange from the light pollution and I watched the edges and curves roll against each other as they rolled over.

Home.

I knew where Scott was.

I clenched my jaw as it began to snow.