Chapter 2 - Home

These chapters will be a bit shorter than I had them in the past, but it's the only way I can update quickly. I'll hopefully have Chapter 3 up in the next few days!

*clears throat* WHO ELSE WATCHED THE ON MY WAY HOME MOVIE COME TALK TO ME AND CRY

Enjoy <3

---

The cold air seemed to have warmed as I stood and stared at him. He was very still, as if he wasn't even real. He looked like a statue in the glow of the moonlight.

"Scott?" I reiterated.

I couldn't completely see his face, but I knew he was looking at me. I could feel his eyes looking up from the darkness. Energy rushed through me suddenly and I ran down the stairs towards him, half of me ready to run into his arms and the other half ready to push him onto the hard ground and beat the crap out of him.

I tripped and fell straight into the grass, scraping both of my knees and ripping the fabric on one side. I examined it immediately and then turned around. No one was there.

I stood up quickly and started to look around frantically into the night. I wanted to yell out for him but I knew someone would hear me, with my luck. I listened closely. I felt a strange wall that stopped me from tapping into his head and I gulped out of fear. I had no idea what he was up to...if it was even really him.

"Scott?" I called out again. The air became cold again.

Something made me turn around; that strange spark of fear that something is about to grab you and hurt you snuck up on me and I jumped as if something had startled me. I looked at him, his silhouette in the glow of the moonlight before me.

I stared at him for a long moment, unsure of what he was doing. He didn't move.

"Is that really you?" I sobbed involuntarily, my eyes suddenly tearing up.

"No."

My emotions went on the backburner and I started to back up carefully, scared of what was in front of me. The dull laugh was certainly not Scott's, but the frame looked exactly like him. It wasn't until the manly laugh became effeminate did I know who was really in front of me. I started to back up dramatically to lure them away from the house.

"Not happy to see me?"

I stopped finally and straightened myself up so I was standing tall. The fear that sat in my stomach couldn't translate to my face. That was one of the things we taught all the new kids.

"Why are you back here?"

Her laugh sent a shiver up my spine. "Your weapon is gone."

Consciously I wanted to be defensive. I wanted to tell her that Scott was going to come back and we were going to defeat her once and for all.

"He is gone." I submitted and my chin quivered. "That doesn't mean we won't kick your ass."

"So threatening." She said sarcastically. "You and the wonder kids? And your dysfunctional team?" She laughed under her breath and started to come towards me. "Your lover was strong, but his powers didn't have a lasting effect on me. He was still weak. And now he's run away? Is that right?"

"You're all powerful. You should be telling me."

"Drop the attitude with me, Mitch." Betty sneered. "You act tough but I know you're weak. All you can do is read people's minds. You need weapons to defeat me. You hide behind them."

I shook my head. "I'm not hiding." I put my hands up. "And I'm not holding. I'm standing here willing to try and reason with you without using my powers."