CHAPTER 7 - MOUSEPAW'S POV

Sorry for no daily upload! This'll be a large chapter, as an apology!

"Hollytail!" Called out Mousepaw, the harsh rain drowning her as she couldn't move.

The large trunk was on top of her whole body, just her head popping out. Mousepaw felt like she broke some bones.

How did this all happen?

Mousepaw was training with Hollytail, until a light drizzle came. Hollytail didn't think much of it, until the rain got harder.

Then, lightning struck an old tree that was already pretty loose, and it fell on top of Mousepaw.

Mousepaw lost Hollytail, so she didn't know where she was.

Mousepaw tried with all her might to escape, but her broken hind legs didn't allow her to move. Mousepaw was struck with terror, what if she was going to die there? Already!?

The rain didn't get any lighter, it got harder.

The rain plopped down on her light brown pelt.

"HELP!" Mousepaw yelped, but no one answered. All she could hear was the rumbling of the thunder, and the rain droplets.

Mousepaw could feel herself giving up. No one was coming to save her, they were all probably worried about themselves.

Until..

"Mousepaw!" Squeaked Smokepaw, his eyes wide with terror as he saw her under the tree.

"C-can you move?! Oh-oh my starclan!" He yelled, and Mousepaw grunted. She then started to feel the pain.

"S-smokepaw! What are you doing here?!" Said Mousepaw. Smokepaw looked into Mousepaw's eyes. 

"I-I escaped camp to find you! I knew something wasn't right, then I realized you weren't here! So I came to save you!" Smokepaw said, flinching at the thunder striking WindClan territory.

"You should've told a warrior!" Mousepaw said, but she was thankful Smokepaw was here.

"Get me out of here!" Begged Mousepaw, crying as she couldn't get out from under this trunk. Smokepaw hesitated, then tried to pull Mousepaw out from under the tree. It was no use.

Smokepaw groaned, trying to use all his force to get her out. "I can't!"

Mousepaw shuddered. She was going to die here. "Smokepaw.." Mousepaw said, quietly. Smokepaw frowned.

"L-leave me here. The rain isn't gonna get any better." Mousepaw said, Smokepaw widened his eyes. "You're crazy! No! I won't! Im going to go tell someone!" Smokepaw said, Mousepaw smiled.

"Thank you.. but it's no use, Smokepaw. Im probably gonna die here.." Mousepaw said, Smokepaw then began crying. "No! I can't leave my f-friend here! You're my only friend Mousepaw! I-I'll be friendless if you leave me!" Smokepaw said, holding Mousepaw tight.

Smokepaw then let go of Mousepaw's paws. He then ran to find a warrior.

Mousepaw could feel herself losing hope. She couldn't move her hind legs. They were broken, weren't they?

Maybe 20 minutes passed, and Mousepaw hummed herself a lullaby.

This lullaby.. was so calming. She felt warm as soon as she sang it.

She closed her eyes.

She couldn't open them. All she could feel was 5 other kittens.. and a familiar scent.

It was a motherly scent, but this wasn't Hollytail's scent. She didn't have 5 other kittens.

"Oh Dusk.. they're beautiful." Said a she-cat.