CHAPTER 2 - BEEPAW'S POV

It had been a moon since he became an apprentice- And Beepaw got the hang of it. He just had to hunt, go on his daily border patrol with some warriors, tend to the only elder, Mistlebreeze, check up on the queens, and that was about it. His day ended.

Lotus, Lily, and Lilac had become one moon old, but there was a problem. Dewwillow had not been producing much milk. The poor kittens only got their daily share, but now that Leaf-bare was ending, Borage would be around areas more frequently.

"Pwease play with me, Bweepaw! I want defeat your mightiness!" Yowled Lily/kit, the others had been feeding off of their mother. "Dear, leave poor Beepaw alone." Meowed Nighteyes, he was tending to his mate, Dewwillow.

He was licking his kits and resting with Dewwillow, Nighteyes would always visit his family when he had free time. It actually seemed as if he was a bit of a softie with his family, but he shouldn't say that..

Nighteyes went up to Lily/kit and softly grabbed her by the scruff, "Eat your daily share, there won't be much milk left if you keep on squirming around and annoying Beepaw." Giggled Dewwillow lightly.

"Ive brought you a fat and juicy rat, Dewwillow." Meowed Beepaw, giving it to her. Dewwillow dipped her head as a thank you. She slowly moved, but accidentally moved too much, making her kittens cry. 

"Ah.." Groaned Dewwillow, Nighteyes shushed them, Dewwillow had been stuck with the poor kittens, but at least she had a queen by her side. Beepaw was the only one assigned to tend to the queen, the others had to clean up the elder's den and warriors den. Beepaw was at the nursery.

She began to chomp up the rat, as Nighteyes kept the kittens from crawling onto their mother and searching wildly for milk. She needed her break time. "Stop, let your mother eat." Nighteyes said.

"Im sorry Beepaw.. But im still a bit hungry, could you fetch a bird for me?" She asked with forgiveness, she had always said sorry if she asked someone something, which obviously said something about her childhood.

"Of course! Whatever you need." He purred back, she smiled. He went up to the fresh-kill pile, the snow was melting slowly. Newleaf at last was coming. He grabbed a bird and his mentor got the wrong idea.

"have you hunted at least something?" meowed Sparrowheart, Beepaw blinked at him and looked at the fat, juicy bird he was about to collect. "Ah- this is for Dewwillow. She requested a bird." He meowed back.

Sparrowheart immediately apologized. "Ah, im sorry indeed. I forgot you had to take care of her."

"Oh its fine!" Beepaw nodded, Sparrowheart nodded back and began to walk to the medicine den, Beepaw heard coughs from Mistlebreeze. That poor elder had green cough.

Mistlebreeze was the only elder, his denmates had all passed away due to natural causes. Mistlebreeze began to be grumpy, and the only cats he wouldn't be grumpy to was Dewwillow, Olivestar, Goldenfeet, and Beepaw.

Mistlebreeze said Beepaw reminded him of his mate, who was killed young. (Mistlebreeze was young at the moment.) She had been killed by a fox at 18 moons old. She had fur and eyes like Beepaw, but different texture of fur.

"Thank you beepaw." Grinned Dewwillow, Beepaw nodded and began cleaning the moss beds, grabbing feathers and putting them aside, and just cleaning the nursery.

Dewwillow munched on the bird, and Beepaw remembered he needed to go and ask Goldenfeet for borage. "I'll be right back." Beepaw meowed, exiting the nursery.

Beepaw asked Goldenfeet for borage, and Beepaw received it and gave it to Dewwillow. "Yet again- sorry darling for all you need to do.." Apologized Dewwillow yet again.