"Hold my hand ma." Nia was nibbling on her lip of course. Nervous as they were getting out the car to go into the brunch place.

Caine took her hand, helping her out the car and walking with her inside.

"It's going to be fine."

Caine leaned over and kissed Nia's cheek, walking her with her and the waiter to where his parents were already sitting.

"Caine, Nia!" Josie said happily, a short black women with a head full of natural short curls.

Her husband Brandon stood up with his wife, giving the two of them a polite smile as they all hugged and greeted one another.

"It's so nice to meet you guys." Nia says, a smile on her face as they all got seated.

"As it is to meet you Nia. It's like he's been hiding you and keeping you all to himself."

"It's because I have been." Caine admitted with a shrug making Nia shake her head and chuckle under her breath, his mother and father to.

"So Nia! How did you guys meet?"

Nia looked over at Caine and then back to his mother. She didn't really know what to say.

"Uhm well really him asking me for a favor. My brother works for him and just so happened to be around you know?"

Josie nodded with a smile, understanding. Everyone started to place their orders with the waiter who had brought them drinks first.

Nia sipped on her orange juice as she got into conversation with her mans parents.

"So where do you go to college Nia?"

"I'm online with Bard. It's a school in New York, I really like it."

Brandon nodded seeing as it was his question.

"That's really nice what do you study?" He continued on.

"I want to teach pre school so I'm more focused on that major."

"Oh that's nice you must be very patient girl." Josie says with a laugh.

"Yes she definitely is. Way too patient." Caine shook his head, knowing how perfect his girls job would be just for her.

Josie smiled, clearly loving Nia. She could tell how much her son payed close attention to her and really cared for her on a different level even his mama didn't understand.

"What about you two? What do you guys do?" Nia asked curiously.

"Oh Im an at home seamstress. I fix clothes, make clothes. Whatever you need clothes wise I do it."

Nia nodded, humming. She would remember that for the future.

"I have my own car garage. Fix up and such."

Nia nodded, now getting to know more about her mans parents.

For the rest of brunch she communicated with the pair. Caine had his hand on her thigh reassuringly for the most part to.

When Brandon and Josie headed out, Caine and Nia headed to the car with one another and got in.

"You have to explain to me how you got into your high up position in what you do"

Nia didn't understand how he had got so into it.

"We lived around where my trap is. The boss at the time I ran for him when my parents was busy not paying me no mind. Eventually he just started promoting me and promoting me until he left me everything."