16

"Not even on no funny shit can you go to the kitchen so we can talk."

Caine wasn't asking jay, he was telling him to. Jay didn't mind either, he knew that Caine and Nia needed to talk. He definitely just dropped a bomb on Caine.

Jay of course understood and got up making his way to the kitchen so Nia and Caine could have some privacy.

Nia sat nibbling on her lip, of course this wouldn't come easy to her, seeing as she wasn't even the one to tell him. But she knew he needed to know.

"I'm guessing there is a reason he killed your father." Caine pieced together easily, helping Nia out even when he was so confused about everything. He could tell she was nervous.

Nia nodded her head in agreement to his words. Caine gave her a look that told her that she needed to speak up. To tell him what the reason was.

"My father he uhm was never a good father. At least not to me."

She started off, looking down at her fingers while she spoke. Bringing up the memories she kept buried away inside her.

"He was the typical I don't want a daughter I just want a son. When I came along he didn't hesitate to show how much of a mistake I was. Trey and my mother never knew, he was an amazing actor. But even sometimes I think they ignored it for them. The beating started when i turned five years old. My birthday. When my mom told me not to eat a slice of cake before dinner I did it anyway. He found the perfect excuse. Took me right to the bathroom at my own party and beat me with a belt. Holding my mouth so nobody knew how bad it was. He beat me so hard I stood for the rest of the party."

Nia took a deep breath, the memory making her chest hurt, feeling old fears of her younger self.

"I was always getting beat. And jay he was my best friend since kids. I hate that he had to notice it but he did our sophomore year. He saw my father grab me and it just opened up his eyes to everything and he didn't waste any time handling it with his fists."

Caine nodded in respect for Jay. He leaned forward and brought Nia closer to his body as tears fell down her pretty face.

"It's okay to cry princess. It's okay to cry."

Nia buried her face into Caine's chest, letting it all out to him.

He placed his hand on her mountain of curls and rubbed her head gently, being there for her for however long she needed.

Caine felt like this brought them closer than ever. Something about Nia he hadn't known but he did now.

He needed her to know more about himself. He needed to know more about her. These last few months have been the best but it's getting deeper than just learning one another. It's turning into learning where one another came from. And that was some different level shit that he didn't want to get with nobody but Nia.

"I love you so fucking much bro." A tear ran down Caine cheek. He didn't know why the fuck he was crying. Nia picked her head up, whipping his cheek with her thumb and nodding with a soft smile even with the dried up tears on her face.

"You so strong. You so beautiful and nice even after all this shit you went through. I swear to god nobody like you Nia."

Caine leaned in and kissed her head. Bringing her right back into his chest where she belongs, where she needed to be to be protected by him.

"I love you to Caine." Nia mumbled into his chest. Feeling the fear from earlier disappear knowing that he was here for her, knowing that he would protect her no matter what.

Nia and Caine stayed together on the coach until she got herself together. The two of them or Jay didn't talk about it any further since Nia had had enough for today.