Chapter 27 - Another World?

I didn't know how to feel. On one hand, I was split up from Nine once again and it felt like a piece of me was taken, but at the same time, that could be the sick feeling in my stomach from the velocity the small jail ship was moving at. I had no way of telling where I was considering there were no windows. All I knew was that I was moving somewhere and I was moving fast. My stomach was inside out and it was not a great feeling.

A sudden jolt, tossing me around from wall to wall, the tiny ship crashed. Feeling my insides twist and turn, I lifted my head off the metal floor that was previously a ceiling. With a wheeze, I pushed myself to my feet, brushing down my ruffled fur with my chained arm. Looking down at my wrist, I gave a gentle tug.

"Well, I don't know how I'm suppose to get outta' here," I sighed, dropping my arm helplessly to my side. Ears twitching, whispers echoed from outside the ship.

BANG!

Flattening my ears, I winced at the loud sound of something hitting the outside of the metal vessel. The room shook, dents pushing in on the sides. Heart racing, I lowered myself to the ground, usin my hand as a form of support at the ship shook.

BOOM!

Tail lashing threateningly, I shut my eyes as dust filled the room. With sharp eyes, I squinted towards the new doorway that led to the outside. Sun shone through the entrance blinding me from being able to identify whatever figure stood at the entrance. Growling, I backed myself away, expecting the worse.

"(Y/N)?" A voice I knew asked. Standing up, my stance softened upon seeing a familiar blue hedgehog.

"Sonic?" The hedgehog emerged from the entrance standing in front of me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Does it look like I came wherever here is voluntarily?" I sassed, lifting my chained arm up.

"Not really. Hold on," he replied. With a simple, accurate spin dash he snapped the chain in half giving you your freedom. Holding my arm to my chest, I silently followed Sonic out of the ship. Bracing myself for the sunlight, my mouth fell open upon seeing a nature filled land with grass, a warm sun, and trees.

"Where are we?"

"This is Mobius. The world that is suppose to exist," a deep voice rumbled. Glancing to my side, I jumped upon seeing a black and red hedgehog.

"Who?" I shook my head, confused, "Are you another Sonic?"

Huffing, he shook his head, "No (Y/A), I'm completely different."

"Are you though-"

"Yes. I'm the ultimate lifeform." Side glancing toward Sonic, the blue hedgehog shook his head.

"Okay. What do you mean this is the world suppose to exist?"

"This is home. Where everyone if actually from. I shattered this crystal and well... split the world into pieces. And this place, Mobius, is the original." Nodding while looking around, my ears perked at the sound of a voice.

Another voice.

One that sounded a lot like, "Nine?" I tilted my head upon seeing Nine standing still in the same spot, hovering with his tails repeating the same words. Sonic followed my gaze and sighed.

"That's Tails, my best bud," Sonic sadly informed.

"He is the original, Nine is but a copy." I wanted to dispute that but the black and red hedgehog was incredibly intimidating. Looking back down at the 'original' Nine- Tails, my heart sunk. The hologram looking fox appeared much happier. He had a smile that Nine had rarely ever held.

"He looks happier. This place is so much... happier." Looking down at my hand, my ears fall, "How-How do we make the world like this again?"

"We need Nine and the crystals, then we put the shards together and BOOM! home sweet home." Sonic answered. Gazing at Sonic, I lifted my head.

"I know where you can find him and the crystals."