"Where's Jobe?" I look around for my best friend's younger brother. "He couldn't make it; he has a match," Jude wraps his arms around me, pulling me in for a tight, comforting hug.

Being in Jude's embrace makes me feel like I'm going to burst into tears any second now, overwhelmed by a mix of emotions ranging from joy to the bittersweet reality of parting ways.

It seems as if this might be the final instance I'll ever find myself in his arms, listen to his voice, or even catch a whiff of his scent, and the thought is tearing me apart.

"When's your flight?" I clear my throat, not completely trusting my voice not to crack.

"Um, in 10 minutes. We still have a bit of time," he pulls away from the hug and looks into my eyes, a somewhat sad expression etched on his face.

"I can't believe you're going to be playing for Real Madrid," I give him a sad smile. "Me neither," he chuckles, tears forming in his eyes.

We just stand there in the middle of the airport, looking into each other's eyes, ignoring everything occurring around us.

We both have so much to say, but no words are coming out of our mouths. Suddenly, we find ourselves hugging again; it's like a reflex.

Our faces buried in each other's necks, his arms wrapped around my waist while mine rest around his neck. "So proud," I choke out as tears threaten to fall.

"Why can't you just come with?" he sniffs, and only now do I realize he is crying as well. "I wish I could, J." My voice trembles as I hold Jude tighter, not wanting to let go of him.

"Jude, the plane's ready," Denise pats Jude on the shoulder. He reluctantly pulls away, his eyes still fixed on me. "I'll make sure to visit; you have to too," he holds my hand.

I just nod at him, trying to hold in the sobs that are begging to be released. "I love you, I'm so proud," I give him one last hug.

I expect him to walk away, but he just stands in front of me. "Don't hate me, but you might want to remove your phone from 'Do Not Disturb'," he pecks my cheek before chuckling.

I wonder what he has done...

His laugh brightens my mood a little bit; it's like we are telepathic. If he's happy, I'm happy, and if I'm sad, he's sad, and vice versa.

"I love you, I'm so proud of you," I caress his cheek. "Jude, we really have to go, or else we'll miss the flight," Denise tugs on his arm.

"I guess this is goodbye," I smile at him, wanting him to be happy about his new life. "I guess so..." he sighs, holding on to his luggage.

He gives me an awkward smile before slowly walking away. "Don't forget to call and text," I call out to him. "Always," he replies, and with that, he disappears into the crowd.

All I want to do is cry, but that isn't what Jude wants. I should stay strong; Jude would want me to be happy.

I know I should be ecstatic that he's living his dream life, but it feels like my own other half has been taken away from me, forever.

It feels like I can't live happily without Jude in my everyday life. I guess I'll have to learn since I'll be living without him for so long.

"Let's get going, love. He's not coming back," my mum wraps an arm around my shoulder. We all walk back to our car in silence, no one knowing what to say anymore.

I'm just about to take a nap since the drive from the airport to our house is kinda lengthy when I remember Jude told me to remove my phone off "Do Not Disturb."

I do as he said, and my phone won't stop pinging and vibrating, hundreds of notifications appearing on my screen, making it impossible to use my phone properly.

I quickly silence my phone to avoid disturbing my parents, who are chatting about whatever.

I click on one of the notifications out of curiosity, and the link directs me to YouTube.

I still can't do anything since the notifications won't stop coming, so I put my phone back on "Do Not Disturb" mode.

I go back into YouTube and see that Jude has posted one of my vlogs where I did a get-ready-with-me for one of his matches. The video is all edited, of course. That little motherfucker is slick...

I expect the video to flop, but my eyes widen when I see it already has 19k+ likes and counting, 38k+ views, and tons of comments.

Many people are complimenting my personality, saying I'm so real and genuine, not putting up an act just for the camera.

Others are talking about how stunning I am, and it's honestly so flattering. I open Instagram, and as expected, my following massively increases, all thanks to Jude.

I decide to send him a text message, my fingers excitedly dancing over the keys.

J🤍🫶🏾

You
you sly motherfucker
why'd you do that ?😭

J🤍🫶🏾
if i get to finally chase
my dreams, so do you 🫶🏾

god.
i love you soooo much J

i am aware😏

🙄

you better keep vlogging
cuz you can't keep me and
32k others waiting forever 🤷🏾‍♂️

shit
is it already that many??

yeah
it's crazy

it really is

look at us
we're becoming everything
we've ever dreamed of and
we've gone through all of it
together 🥹

you're so sappy bellingham

says the one who was crying 😘

don't act like your bitch ass
didn't start🤨

wtv
i gtg the plane's about to
take off
i'll text you as soon as i arrive

alright byeee

adiosss
*liked by you*

😂
*liked by J🤍🫶🏾*

✰✰✰

Jude has always been so considerate, but I can't lie; I didn't expect this from him. He's truly a gem; it's his inner brilliance that makes him genuinely precious.

☆★☆

- 𝖧𝖾𝗒 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗐𝖾 𝖺𝗅𝗅? 𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖽𝖺𝗒?
𝗄𝗂𝗇𝖽𝖺 𝗌𝖺𝖽 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋, 𝗂 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝗒 𝖻𝖾𝗌𝗍𝗍 𝗑
𝖩𝗎𝖽𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗌𝗈 𝖼𝗎𝗍𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗌𝗎𝗋𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝖾𝗌 𝗌𝗎𝖼𝖾𝖾𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗇 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗌 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗅.