Chapter 13: its all my fault

lapis/pov

I woke up and immediately closed my eyes again. "ughh where am I?" I said out loud I looked around the room and saw many other people passed out on the floor and couches, I also saw amethyst in a kitchen? "oh hey lapis" amethyst said while handing me a glass of water. my eyes sparkled when I saw the water. I downed it so fast, and amethyst was looking at me like I was crazy "sorry it just feels like I haven't drunken anything for hours" I said a little confused by my own statement. "Oh well probably because you were like super drunk last night" amethyst said immediately making me gasp. I had a horrified look on my face, 'I WAS DRUNK' I had so many questions.

why didn't peridot stop me? she's such a rule follower I feel like she wouldn't of let me drink

how much did I drink?

did I do anything bad?

where is peridot?

I gasped again, where's peridot? "uhh lapis? are you okay? you look like you saw a ghost" amethyst asked "y-yes I'm f-fine. d-do you know w-where peridot I-is?" I asked still freaked out, I wanted to know if I had done anything, and I needed to know where peridot was. "um no, I'm sorry. I don't really remember anything from last night, so she might of left or she could be passed out somewhere. anyway I got to go help some other drunkys so I wish you luck on finding her" amethyst said walking out of the room with water in her hand. my head was pounding but I pulled out my phone and dilled peridots number. I couldn't hear her ringtone anywhere near by and I was starting to get more worried than I already was.

I called again, this time getting up to check around the house. I was really worried now 'what if she got hurt?' 'what if she left without me?' that one hurt I didn't want to think she left without me. she loves me, she wouldn't do that right? the thoughts got the better of me and I was now crying on the floor until I heard foot steps. "peridot?" I whispered while look at amethyst walking over to me "whoa lapis, what's wrong" amethyst said while grabbing me hand. I flinched "NOTHING!" I yelled. I was scared and I just wanted peridot. I could see my reaction had startled amethyst "s-sorry I-I just cant f-find p-p-peridot" I stuttered with another tear running down my face "heh its okay, you really care about her don't you?" amethyst asked. I nodded. amethyst moved her head over to the window "isn't that peridots bag by the window?" my head jolted towards where amethyst was looking, and I saw peridots bag! she hadn't left without me! "oh! thank you amethyst! thank you!"

I rushed over to see if peridots phone was in her bag, but it wasn't? 'why isn't she answering then?' I spent the next 10 mins checking every room in the house but I couldn't find peridot anywhere. I felt like collapsing and crying again, but that wouldn't help me find her. I saw amethyst coming up to me again "look lapis I know your trying to find peridot but, everyone else has left and I kind of just want to start cleaning up the place, so if you wouldn't mind can you leave?" Amethyst said looking a little embarrassed "y-yeah ill l-leave I'm s-sorry f-for disturbing you" I said while walking towards the door with mine and peridots bag. "great! ill uh see you later then" Amethyst said shutting the door behind me.

I still didn't know where peridot was, I was really worried and my phone was going to die soon, but with what battery I had left I called her again but this time... I heard her ringtone! it was coming from the side of the house? I started walking towards the sound and I saw "Peridot!" I yelled while running towards her. I saw her head slowly turn towards me, and that's when I realized the state she was in. her hair and costume was a mess, she had terrible eye bags, it looked like she had thrown up, and she was sitting on the floor with bottles of alcohol all around her! "OH MY GOD PERIDOT ARE YOU OKAY!?" I ducked down to be at her height "ooh hey lwapis hwos its gowing" peridot said ignoring my question. she looked terrible and very very drunk "p-peridot... are you drunk?" I asked even though I didn't want the answer. "yehhhhh I fink so" peridot slurred while giggling.