11

ONESHOT: Jack is injured but he can't help calling his lovers name

This isn't mine this is from a03 (Hidden Bruising)

Jack Grealish is fine. He is totally 100% fine.

Or he would be if it wasn't for the crippling pain that washes over him whenever he so much as twitches his left leg. The pain is excruciating and the worst part is that it doesn't leave; when his leg is still all he can feel is the ghost of pain, lingering so he can't get comfortable. It's worse when he tries to move though, then his knee screams for attention and he sometimes has to focus on his breathing so as to not fall into a crying, blubbering mess.

It's been like this for a week and Jack is confused over the the fact nobody has noticed yet. Maybe what John always says about him having superhuman strength is true.

The morning after they lost the Euros, Jack woke up with his face smushed on John's naked chest and he was immediately made aware of the burning pain in his knee. It hadn't hurt that much last night but, after thinking about it for like five minutes, Jack decided the pain must have been dulled by a blizzard of different emotions.

After staring at John's exposed nipple for a while to distract himself from the pain, Jack eventually fell back asleep.

When he woke up it was because of hands on his left knee, applying pressure in areas that already hurt enough. His breath hitched in his throat as he swallowed a scream. He looked for the cause of the pressure only to find John with a worried look on his face.
"Are you okay?" John asked after he saw Jack's eyes on him.

"Well, good morning to you too." Jack said as he rubbed his eyes. "Of course I'm okay. What're you on about?"
"Does your knee hurt?" John asked in such a worried tone that Jack couldn't tell him the truth.
"No, why?"
"Are you sure?"
"Yep. You need to stop worrying all the time though. Why do you ask?"

"No reason." John said as he adjusted their positions so Jack's head was once again on his chest. Jack raised his eyebrows as if to say 'really'. "Okay okay. I know you don't like making me worry but yesterday when you didn't get back up after that idiot stood on your knee, I was really worried. I just don't want you to be hurt."

Jack reached up to give his boyfriend a quick peck on the lips. "It's kind of cute when you worry, but I swear I'm alright."

"Are you sure, though?" John's forehead is adorned with worry wrinkles, "Your superhuman strength wasn't even enough to help you get up from the ground. So for you to show excessive physical hurt, the pain must have been bad and bad pain is always a symptom of injury."

"Babe, I'm fine stop worrying and relax."

After that, the topic didn't arise again. Mainly because the whole team has been so worried about Jadon, Marcus and Bukayo. Personally, Jack is more concerned for Bukayo than he is for the other two. After all, the 19 year old is like a brother to him so he's taken it upon himself to make sure his baby bro (in spirit) is alright. It seems the whole team is doing the same as him which is why his injured knee has managed to slip under the radar.

All three players seem to be doing all right but it's hard to stop worrying.

Now, Jack does wish he'd stopped worrying- or at least been honest about his knee pain. It's 4:16 am and the pain in his knee is preventing him from catching a wink of sleep. John is spooning him from behind but Jack's knee is hurting so much that the physical contact is burning. He's sweating and he knows it; he's swallowed about 5 times in past minute and his eyes are pricking with tears. Gosh, it hurts so bad and Jack is extremely proud that he hasn't started crying yet.

John is snoring right into Jack's ear- his snoring is usually the reason Jack can't sleep but today it isn't- and he really needs some peace and quiet. He can't stop worrying about his knee. He needs help, he knows he needs help. But he doesn't know how to get it. What does he do? It doesn't matter who he tells, they're bound to shout at him. 'Why didn't you say! We could have sorted this out easily!' He knows he's dumb, he doesn't need anyone to rub it in.