Chapter 9

Kamilah's finger gently pressed on the contour of her back, sliding back and forth. The electrifying feeling brought by the tips of her fingers makes her shiver. They are tangled under the sheets, naked, warming each other, feeling the smooth skin and the gentle wind that managed to pierce through the tent's door.

She releases a contented sigh and snuggles closer to her lover. All of those past events are slowly coming to her. Acceptance and indulging herself in the emotions they are sharing every single time helps her cope with the new things and experiences. She puts her hand on Kamilah's chest, her heart beat is at its normal pace, beating against her palm.

"Will I keep being horny every time you feed?"

Natawa silang pareho sa kanyang turan. What? Nagtatanong lang siya. Paano na kung nasa public sila at maraming tao sa paligid tapos nagugutom ito? Magla-live show na lang siya, ganon? Archaeologist na hubadera siya. Jusko.

"We'll find a way."

Nakakaunawang tumango siya at sumiksik pa rito lalo. Gustong gusto niya ang init ng katawam nito. It's giving her comfort knowing that Kamilah is near. She feels safe being with her. And like everything makes sense. Pakipot pa siya noong una pero siya lang din pala ang tatakbo at magpapakagat dito.

Hindi siya natatakot. Siguro noon ay sinalakay siya ng takot at kaba dahil hindi niya alam na totoo ang mga bampira, let alone a powerful and ancient one. It's a natural human behavior, being afraid of the unknown. She wondered if there were more things and entities out there. Lurking in darkness, living in hiding, surviving.

Maybe they blend with the society fearing for their safety as well. With the technologies and how narrowminded people these days are, they will have to pretend and hide. She hopes that one day, humans and different entities can live with each other, no fear, no pain, united.

"What did the oracles tell you about me?"

Kapagkuwan ay tanong niya rito. She felt her stiffen for a moment but with a gentle caress, her mate calmed down and relaxed on her touch. Hindi niya pa alam ang ibang pinag usapan ng mga ito at kung bakit ganoon katagal itong wala. She left her like nothing happened that day and it pained her. Huminga ito ng malalim at humigpit ng kaunti ang yakap sa kanya.

"That I will die if you die." Nanigas siya sa sagot nito. Is that why she has to turn her into a vampire? Para hindi rin ito mamatay? Because she will grow old and wither? Is that it?

"Our souls connected when I fed on you. It's rare, in fact it's the first in all history considering I am the first mortal vampire." Gumapang ang kamay nito sa kanyang dibdib na parang pinapakiramdaman ang bawat pagtibok ng kanyang puso. Not knowing why, she held it.

"I didn't believe it at first, how come it happened after three thousand years? The oracles showed me the invisible red thread, tied on my ring finger and it led me back to you."

Hinawakan nito ang ring finger niya at masuyong hinaplos ito bago halikan ang kamay niya. The red thread is a cheesy one but she believes it is true. Hindi naman mang eechos ang mga oracles lalo na sa isang bampira pa.

"Cheesy."

She giggled and bit Kamilah's perfect jawline. Nakakagigil talaga ang babaeng ito. Sa sobrang gigil ay gusto niyang sakalin pero biro lang. Baka sakalin na naman siya, ang higpit pa naman manakal ng babaeng ito. Papatayin talaga siya. Jusko.