Neteyam ignored her completely, and where any other time that would usually agitate her, something was off, something felt different.

" Neteyam... what's going on?" she took another careful step but froze when something wet touched her bare skin.

She looked down to realize she had stepped in a puddle of blood, Neteyams blood. Suddenly, the dark red pool began expanding, as if his entire body was releasing it at a fast pace.

Vareya took a step back in horror at the sight and touch of the all too familiar warm liquid.

" Reya... why didn't you save me?" he spoke slow and calmly, still not looking back at her. Meanwhile Vareya was already breathing heavily, beyond confused and frightened.

" What are you talking about!?" She yelled, trying to get away from the blood but it was spreading so fast, and it was everywhere. It followed her, chased after her... there was no escaping the pain.

No escaping this endless misery, torture, and reminder of what she did. Perhaps what she was about to do again...

" Tell me what's wrong with you! I can help you please, just let me try!" She cried.

" It's okay Reya..." Neteyam turned, and Vareya almost threw up at the sight of him. His entire body was covered in little holes, just like her Kai.

Hundreds of them covered every part of him, crimson flowing from the wounds and joining the puddle at their feet. He walked normally though, as if he wasn't a walking corpse.

Vareya tried backing away but there was nowhere left to go, besides, she was paralyzed by fear as Neteyam reached her. He was breathing heavily as he towered over her, dripping blood on Vareya.

She shut her eyes tightly at an attempt to not look at him, to forget what was happening before her. She wanted to cry, wanted to scream, wanted to escape from whatever nightmare this was.

" Reya..." his voice sounded just like Kai's. He copied his happy tone and longtime nickname, messing with her mind even more. " Reya, why won't you look at me?"

" Please don't do this to me, I can't take it anymore just stop." she sobbed, clutching her arms around her body tightly as some sort of comfort.

" Why Reya?" Vareyas eyes betrayed her as they opened to see Neteyams still bloody face, his eyes somehow lifeless yet looking at her in a soft pitying manner.

" Because it hurts..." she whispered.

" But I've already told you...it's okay."

She awoke in a startle, hot and sweaty yet cold with chills at the same time. Her head was pounding, vision was blurring, and chest rising and falling quickly as she sat up in her hammock.

Evaluating her surroundings, things were different. She awoke in her hut like before, but there was more light and life to this reality. Creatures were now loud, buzzing in the distance. She could hear the continuous pounding of waves as they struck the beaches sandy shores.

The fire crackled and she sniffed in the scent of fish and seeds and herbs. Most importantly, no blood stained her floors or herself, and there was no sign of anyone with her.

Vareyas tired body sagged back down onto her hammock as she took a deep breathe to relax herself. Whatever that was, it was something that shook her to her core. It brought back so many unwanted feelings that she thought had passed but were seemingly still buried very deep inside her.

Wether it was a dream, nightmare, vision,or warning, it was horrific. Her precious Kai, those last three words he spoke to her were a trigger back to that fateful day. And she had heard him, but she saw him instead. What that could possibly mean...she was too scared to find out or even think about it.