Chapter 22: Salon

Start from the beginning

"You have a birthmark," he stated.

"Yes," she whispered, the soft touch relaxing her.

A laugh came out as a chopped breath from him, a whisper back to her saying, "it's cute."

Her eyes found the markings outside of his lips, her mind wondering if those too were also birthmarks.

"You can continue, sorry to distract you," he apologized, his hand retracting from her skin.

Moments later, he was told to look up, and mascara was applied below his irises. Then a small amount of liquid eyeliner was applied, eyeshadow, and blush.

A container snapped shut, and another opened. "I'm all done."

He opened his eyes, seeing her holding up a mirror for him. He peered down at the glass reflection, holding out his hands so she would hand him the mirror, just so she could pull it away, "I forgot lipgloss!"

She tilted her body to the side, rustling through her bag of lip products. She held up two to his lips, deciding on the intensity of sparkle she wanted. She decided on the lesser of the two, honoring her promise once again. His chin was held, and he was told to part his lips. The cold gel was painted on.

The mirror was presented to him again, and he leaned in, pulling at his darkened skin.

"You're more pale than I am, so I tried to use less product."

"I see.." he responded, narrowing his eyes to get a good look at what was on his eyelids.

As he inspected, he noticed that the marks beside his lips were still present. "How come you didn't cover my seals?" he questioned, his index finger lingering over the area.

She stared at him for a while, her eyes eventually running down to her legs as she realized a connection. "You know how I have these spots on my leg?"

He nodded, not seeing how it was relevant, but still willing to listen.

She touched the area on her thigh, "no one else I know has these spots on their legs. I used to think they were weird."

His hand lowered, resting just above her knees.

"But everyone in school has always had some sort of noticeable difference so I don't think anything of it anymore. You're the same. No one I've met has those marks, it makes you special."

"This isn't the same-"

"It's very different—yes—but that's exactly why I like it. It's something irregular and unique."

He looked at the spots on her leg, then drew his eyes back to the mirror. It turns out that she somehow found a way to brighten and outline the marks he hated so much. All because it was something different that she happened to like.

She leaned towards him, one hand clasping onto his, and the other turning the mirror so that she could see his reflection.

"They're cute just like you."

Her words were replied to with a small laugh and a small pull of her hand over his shoulder.

"Says you," he grinned, pulling her other arm over his shoulder too. "What's in this lip stuff, by the way? It burns."

She removed one of her arms, reaching to her open container filled with makeup remover wipes, leaning back and offering to remove it for him. "I'll get that off for you."

The makeup wipe curled around her finger and she pressed it to one of the seals on his skin, leaning forward to kiss the opposite side of his lips.

Melting immediately, Toge's arms moved from his lap to the spot on his girlfriend's leg and to her waist. There was always something new to love about her, and this time it was her own physical difference.

The burning transferred to her own mouth now, "it's lip plumper," she answered him finally, continuing to rub the makeup off his skin.

He leaned his head back, "why're you removing it?"

"It burns doesn't it? It'll also ruin your skin if you leave it on for too long."

"Well before you do that," he began, taking her arm from his shoulder and holding her hand, "do I look like a pretty girl?"

She stayed silent, a laugh coming from him eventually, causing her to join him, "my boyfriend does look like a pretty girl, doesn't he?"

He squeezed her hand, laughing along with her quietly. "Okay, you can take it off," he gave in, closing his eyes and leaning forward again.

Another kiss was granted before his skin was washed over with the thin towel, removing the layers of product that masked the person she was starting to fall in love with.

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

A/N: Catch the reference?