Chapter 3: Missions Together

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏

After texting about the most random topics ever for hours the previous night, Kaori started to think that Inumaki was her favorite classmate so far. Everything he said made her happy, or it made her laugh. His hobbies and favorite things seemed interesting too. Deciding that these things were too important to forget right away, Kaori filled up notebook pages worth of information he shared with her. At her middle school, she would always do this with her other friends, and it led her to believe that it was the best way to get closer to someone.

Toge enjoyed texting her because of his limited vocabulary. Not many people try hard enough to get to know him, thinking it's impossible in the first place. He too took notes on his new friend, writing paragraphs of information on sheets of paper.

By the time the both of them ran out of things to say, they both said goodnight and went to sleep.

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

"Tsukumo!"

Kaori looked up from her water bottle, seeing her teacher walking towards her from the top of the stairs. She capped the drink and stood up to meet his eyes, sorta.

"Good morning sensei!" she bowed.

He just smiled at her. "First mission today! You excited?"

She stood up again and rubbed the back of her neck, laughing nervously. "I've actually been dreading this," she said honestly.

"Don't worry about it, it's just a grade four so it can't possibly do anything to you. Your one shot technique should be perfect for this too."

She nodded, glancing behind Gojo's shoulder as she did so. Smiling at the figure, Gojo turned to see who it was. "Hey Inumaki," he grinned.

"Kelp!" he responded, taking a hand from his pocket to wave. Once he got closer to the others, he pointed at Kaori and asked, "Tuna?"

Gojo glanced at the other student as he thought about what he could have asked. "Oh! You want to go with her?"

He nodded, placing his hands back in his pockets. "Salmon."

Kaori watched as their teacher clapped his hands excitedly. "Sure can-do! Bet your relived, huh Tsukumo?"

She sighed, relieved, as he said, that Inumaki would be coming along with her. She nodded with a smile to both of them, and followed Gojo to the assistant manger's car when he waved them along.

Inumaki walked beside her, calm as could be. What would he have to worry about? He's already a grade two sorcerer in his first year.

When the two piled into the car and their teacher waved them goodbye, Kaori already started tapping her foot as the assistant explained the report.

"Last week, two sorcerers were sent inside the Tokyo General Hospital in search of three grade four curses. They were able to exorcise two of them, but the last one wasn't found after it ran off into the hospital. A few patients went missing before then, and the rest have all been moved to smaller hospitals in the area now. Your job is to find the last curse and exorcise it, then your assignment will be complete."

Inumaki nodded, then turned his attention to his partner. She was tapping her finger on her guitar case nervously, nodding as well. Wanting to check on her, Inumaki lifted his hand and tapped a finger on the case to get her attention. "Tuna?" he asked, tilting his head.

Kaori's head perked up as her finger stopped tapping. "Yeah I'm alright, thank you," she smiled, turning her head forward again with an uneasy sigh. 

Once pulling into the parking lot of the hospital, the assistant stopped the car in front of the emergency room. The sun was setting over the buildings now, and the lights above the canopy of the hospital flickered in their blood red light.