𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 ℱ𝒾𝓋ℯ: ℬ𝒶𝓉𝓉𝓁ℯ ℴ𝒻 𝓉𝒽ℯ ℋℯ𝒶𝓇𝓉

Aslan's Howe

Aslan's Howe

(Odette's Pov)

Caspian and I bask in each other's presence, still wondering if we are dreaming, even though we are right next to each other. I notice how warm he feels under my hands, how soft and worked they feel.

"My Star," Caspian breaths out, "What are we to do, with the Telamaines, how are we to survive under this Howe?"

I think a moment before looking up to him in answer.

"We might as well have a war plan. Let me gather up my siblings and the army leaders. Meet me at the counsel table in 30 minutes."

I stand making my way to the exit of the Stone Table when Caspian pulls me back into him.

"Not just yet, my love, let me hold you a little while more."

Caspian pulls me even closer in his embrace.

We stay like that for a while, but soon pull apart to gather the troops.

∴☪︎∴

(No One's POV)

A Faun stands guard up top the Howe. Fog creeps in through the early morning sun.

The Faun watches for any sign of enemy contact.

Suddenly, the Faun quickly moves his head, a Telmarine soldier is seen through the thick fallen branch of a nearby tree. The soldier is quick to flee back into the woods after he is known to be spotted.

∴☪︎∴

(Odette's POV)

"It's only a matter of time. Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle." Peter tells us.

"What do you propose we do, Your Majesty?" Reepicheep asks him, standing by the fire.

"We need to get ready for it."

"To start planning for..."

Peter and Caspian speak over each other.

Peter looks at Caspian with small disdain in his expression.

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us." Peter explains to Caspian.

"But that's crazy." Caspian rebuke's, "No one has taken that castle."

"There's always a first time." Peter tries to sway him.