Chapter Seven

"What for?" Daniel asked.

"I... I don't know?" I murmured, stuttering as I tried to calm down from crying my eyes out.

"You... don't know?" he asked, unsure if he was even supposed to ask that question. I was sure he already knew the answer, but maybe did not want to make a mistake because of his assumptions. He knew it better than I did. "Are you sorry... because you were crying?"

I said nothing. The silence did not give out a negative reply, as I didn't want to lie, nor did it give a positive one, as I didn't want to admit the truth.

He took his hand, which made my body flinch – it was a natural reaction of mine – and hesitated as he pulled it back for a second but went ahead and put it on my shoulder. It felt so nice – it was warm. It gave me this feeling in my chest I could not explain – it was like for the first time in my life someone was touching me not to hurt me, but to comfort me. It was that same warmth I had been looking for for years but never got it.

"It's okay... you don't have to be sorry..." he stopped himself from saying it, "for anything." We both knew that nothing was me crying. I fucking hated myself so much at that moment. Why did I have to cry right then when I knew I had guests over? It's not as bad because it wasn't my mother that caught me, but it still sucked. Imagine if it had been my father.

I hid myself in my knees. I couldn't hold my tears. It was too much. I wasn't crying because of my shitty life now – I was crying because I finally got what I want – to be loved. You know, as humiliating and dehumanizing my position may be right now, maybe, just maybe if I cry a bit more, I'll make him feel bad enough to comfort me even more. To just stay here a bit longer. Is that selfish? Is that bad? Am I a horrible person for doing this?

That is when he did the unexpected, which was far better than what I even wished for – he got close to me and pulled me to his chest as I was crying. He hugged me quite hard but in a good way with his strong hands.

"It's okay," he said, "It's all going to be okay. I promise."

I didn't know what to do at that point – no one had hugged me before – so I just put my hands on him, hoping that I wasn't pushing my luck too far. He patted my back for a while.

A part of me was expecting him to pull back and let me go, but thankfully he just stayed there. My nose was right to his neck. His cologne was not strong, but it was noticeable. It exuded a distinctly masculine scent, amplifying the expression of his masculinity.

I calmed myself down. I have no idea how long we've been like this. You know what they say, time flies by fast when you're having fun. Well, I wasn't having fun, but it did feel good.

Seeing that I was being quite quiet, he asked, "Feeling better?"

The pain I have been feeling for ages was lifted a bit, and I pulled away from him.

"Yeah..." I replied. It makes me feel like dirt, but I hope he catches me like this again.

Author's Note: Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I will not be participating in NaNoWriMo, as if I did it would ruin my mental health. Life has thrown a lot of responsibilities at me, and it would be better if I just took a break. I will be updating this story regularly, but there won't be 1700 words as promised (both to you and myself), instead just like "The Broken Bully and His Nerdy Victim," there's going to be around 500. Sorry again, but I still hope you'll keep reading this book in the future. Also, even though the chapters are going to be shorter, that doesn't mean the entire book will! THIS BOOK WILL STILL BE OVER 50,000 WORDS, NO MATTER THE LENGTH OF ONE CHAPTER!