In the Cellar

3rd person POV:

It's the dead of night. The moon is the brightest thing in the sky and everyone is asleep.

Except for two.

Caine sneaks and weaves past the abstracted hidden in the cellar, trying to find the one. He had to check on him every now and then.

That one in particular posed quite the threat.

He shuddered at the thought of it escaping. Or maybe it was cold. Because it was.

He finds the special cage made for it at the bottom of the cellar. The abstracted monster was trying to escape, but when Caine approaches it, it's hundreds of eyes turns towards him.

"Å̷̝̝h̷̨̨̜͚̝̥͚̙̩̟͈͉̗͇̦͂̄͋̃ ̶̧̨̛̺̺̱̰̳̼̜̠͕̌͆̏̿̔͗̃̆̈́͘͜Į̶̻̣̮͑ ̴̨̹͙̫̤̜͍͖̤͓͇̼̖͚̼͋́͛͛͗͌͒̋͋̀̀͝s̵̢̘̩͙͕̪̽̔̌͌̅̉̽́̾̈́̚é̸̡̞̜̿̊̐̐̐͝͝͠ë̶̺͈͓̩̯̎̉͒̎͆̐̕͝ ̶̛̺͍͖̻̦͎̺͂̆̇̓̀̽̈́̽̆͝͝͝y̵̡̡̢͖̮̪̼̥̯̣̟͛̋̈́͛̎͛̇o̸̤͇͍͍̫̓͘͜ȕ̶̟͉͔͙̹̜͖̄̈́̽̓̄̅̽̆̕̕͝'̷̡̥̩̤̫̗͎͈̖͂̄̃̈́̋̔̈́̃̊͠ͅv̶̧̑͛̾̀̃̆̈́̐̉̐͒̑͠ḛ̸̰̳̿͑̏̀ ̷̬̭̀́̒̐̈́̔̅̈́c̴̯̭͚̱̺̱̗̯̮̪̈́͊͋̓͐̎͐̍̃͛̎̋̕̕͜ŏ̶̢̰̰͈͈̬̼̳̝̱̹͙̞̭̗͌̕̚m̷̢̛̝̲̭̼̹̪̲̦̭̘̟̩̾̅̍͊́ẽ̴̥̤̐͐̋̇̉̌̚͠ ̶̛̝̠͇̣̮͖͉̹͋̀̄̾̍̿̌̈́̎͋̐b̶̧̡͇̮̻̭̺̰͍͎͌̉͑̽͜ä̴̫͙̪͔̬͍̥̥̞̗́͜c̸̮̪͔̩̩̪͔̭̻͍̽̍͌̉͒̎̈́̊̂̏̓̊͝k̸̡̭̋̿̉͋͌̔̾̂̓̓͂̚.̷̬̝͉̾̈̓̎̈̑̈̍̈́͋͛̃͆́" it says.

Translation: ah I see you've come back

"Yes. I've detected a bug in the code and you were the only player who could code." Caine says.

"Ĭ̸̠̋̂̅̏́̋́͑̌́̚̚͘ ̶͈̫̘͙̻͎̣̠̱̈́̔̾͂̀͐̓̉̎͋̕ͅͅẉ̵͗̿̎̿̍̃̈̀̈́̒̈͌̕̚͝i̸̠͊̃̾͆̏̿͘͝l̵̰̝̜̬̬̮̫̖̮͖̬͑̀̐͋̍͌̀͝͠͠l̵̨̢̢͍̥͖̜̖̙̙̦͚̞̠̯̈́̃̌̃̃̀̈̆ ̵̜̬̗̠͖͔͇̗͓̼͉͛̌͛͒̊̀ͅn̴̪̈́͐̅͌̀̌͒͝ȯ̵̦̣̗͚̳̼͍̆̑̊t̸̪̲̃̿̓͋͊̚ͅ ̷̖͎̱̜̱̞̥̬̅̉̔̈́̊͌̓h̵͔̊̒̽͋͗̂̀͜ͅͅe̷̢̮̟̹̜̲̳̻̳̫̟̪̼̭̅̈̈́̍̾̌̒̉͘̕l̴͔̥͋̀͜p̶̨̧̲̣͖̯̞̠͈̼̳̭͍̍͌̓̏̃̑̈́̌̽̆͜ͅ ̸̢͉̭̯͈͙͇͆̈́͆̔͛̉́y̸̡̨͇͈̺͇͇̠̲̽̒̎̀̃̄̀̎̐̒̊̔͌͠ͅò̶̢̜͇̙̝̘̲̺̺̙̘̏ù̵͎̬̻̫͓ ̵̨̠͖̪̺͓̙͙͔̓͌̋̏̇̊̚͜͝ả̴̛̤̭̞̼̈́̈́̈́͂̈͌͗̅͋͐͛̽͝f̷̢͈̲̻̣̳̱̯̙̯͍̭͗̍͗̑̑̕̕͜͝͠t̴̨̙̩̣̞̪̝̠̦͚͆̍̀͜e̴̢̹͕̼̮̮͚̱̓͑́̐̐̈́͗̓̃̔͝ŗ̴̨̞̹̟̫̦̺̖̪̞͆̓̽̄͆͆̓ ̵͍̼͔̥̝̭̕y̴̧͇͕̘̠̰̘̯͌̏͒̅͊̈̄ͅo̸̡͓̘͇̥͉̭̾͒́̇͗͜͠ͅu̵̝̜̱̭̘͙̪̲̪͈͇͚͌̂̍͝ͅ ̷̛̞̦̖̼̫͕̟͎͕̤̭͕̆͝ẗ̴͉̜̫́̾́̀̓̍̍͂̄͝r̷̨̢̻̼͎̭͉̯̩̮̟̉̍̑͊̆͜͝ȧ̴͓͒̈́̚p̸̛̟̬͎̖̦͂͒̔̔̂̉̑̈́̇͠p̴̲̄͘ę̷͙̰̲̩̺͖̞̭̫̌͐̅ͅd̸͎̼͍͉̱̠̻̪̂͆̌̌́̽̀̂̔̏͂̑͝ ̶̦̹͓̜͙͛̓̄̈́̑͐̄̈̈́͒͑͠͝m̵̦͚̙̦̺̅͆̾͂̓͊͒͘ȩ̶͔̯̺̱̤̞̀̈́̆́̉̅̈́̀̾̈͊̑͜͝͝ ̴̛̛̛̛͕̞͚͓̠͙͆̽̎̈̀͘h̵̢͓͚̫̆͒͊̉̐͘͜ͅe̷̡͙̜̬̘̖̰̻͇͓͓̖̮͐́͐̆̔̂́͒̇̐̕̚͜͜͝r̴̘̼̠̺͍̼̫̞̹̪̰̝̗̓̃͐́̾͑̃ͅͅe̸̙̻͊̏.̴͍̊̄̂̑͑̋̄͠͠"

Translation: "I will not help you after you trapped me here" he growled.

"I trapped you here for the safety of the others. You must understand that." Caine pleaded.

"F̵̡̧̛̺̰͓͈̝̈́̔͘i̸̢͙̯̳̟̜͔̓̂̃͋̈́̋̐͐̾̕͘n̷̰̟̊̽̈́e̷̡̛̗̱̳̝̗̱̦͙͎͒͐̆́̿́̀̀̈̑̍͠͝ ̵̡̡̛̟̱͇I̵̧̭̦͙̯̘͚̥̞̼͚̞̬̣͈̅͌̀̈́̇́̂͛͊̀̊̾ ̸̩͎̲͉͖̼̜͉̑̀a̶̻͖͐̏́͋̊̓̂̽́̌̌͠͝ͅm̸͖̈͛͛̇̐́̒̓̂̄̅͂͘̕͘ ̸͙̈̏̑̀͌͑̌̽̕͜͝m̵̢͉͉̳͖͓͎̭̗̈́̀̅͜e̸͍͙͇̾ͅr̴͇͚̫̝̲̥̭͕͈̻̃̀̎̚c̵̤̃́̎͛̄̃i̵̮̫̭̻̱̝͚̲̐̂̈͐̊͆́͑͌͑͂̐͌ͅf̸̛̣͇̞̙͇̦͍̊̔̈́̊̽̎͌̉̉̈́̚̕ư̴̧̨̨̳͍̟̭̣̖̮̂̄̓̓͆͐̌̍ͅl̶̡̫̙̤̪̠̬̣͉̬̖̜̊̐̒̌̄̕͜͜͝ͅ.̷̨̜͇̜͚̈͌̊̽̃͠ ̷̨̛̯͍͕̜̦̹͉̳̞̳̫̤͚́̅̓I̴̢̧̛̹̰͒́̽̎̊̇͊̒̔̽͋̅ ̵̱̳̤̝͕̠̿̔̏̉̆͑̅̄͊̏͑̚̚͝ẅ̴̢̼͈̬́ḯ̵̧̲̖̬̬͈̜̯́̉̊͆͂͗l̴͙̰͍̠͇̲̯͚͔̱͔͇̞̿ͅĺ̴̨͈̦̺̝̝̠̰͇̭̖̘̂̏̎̓̈́́̃͋̋͐̈̀̕ ̵̡̝̘̫͔̘̔͆͋̇̿́̋͑̾͘͝͠ǵ̶̤̻̹͉̖̜͈̬̦̙͙̜̘̍͘í̵̢̨͑ṿ̶̖͔́͂̈́̕e̶̢͙̜̠̺͖͚̝̘̙̱͉̾̆̉̒͛͛̈́̆̒͘͘ ̵̡͍̭̖̲̦͗̀̾͊̀̂̆̐̚ỳ̵̡̙̰̞͉̱͎͉͓̣͔̩̋̈́͊̊̋̋͜͜͜o̶̟͚̊̅́͋̅̒͘͘͝͝ủ̴̢̫̯̱̝̟͙̯͉̦̭̼́̿͋́̄̏̋͘͠ ̸̩̘̽̓͛̈́͜O̸̩̱͈̟̞̗̰̱̭͑̆̍͑́̆̒́̈́͋̀̀͘͜͝ͅN̵̨̡͖͍̮̭̺̥̳͚͇̆̈́͜͝E̸̖̝̲̱̳̰͓̪̠͓͕̺̦͗́͒̀̿͊̑̿̃̃̈̔̊͜͝ͅ ̷̥̳̖̳͎̗̜̯̿̈́̊͛̐͂̒̐͂͋̉͘͘͝i̵̢͚̰͙̭͎̖̳̯̼̥͇̜͂͆̈́̀̆̀̃͘͜n̵̢͎͇͎͐̍f̷̡͕̦͔͙̌̒̓͌͂̑̊͠ͅó̷̲͕̼̞̘̰̹͎͓͇͜͜r̷̨̧̗̤͙͓̣̟̽̉͌̿̄̽͋̽͌̌̕̕̕͘͝m̸̧̝̜̮̞̮͍̮͉̰͍̲͖̂̃̋͛̉̎́̚͠ȧ̷͎̪̻̲̩̲̖̮̯͔̂͂̅͌̒̈̊̇̀t̴̞͉̖̒͗͗̈́̄̽̍̒̓́͘̕͠͝͝į̴͉̍̈́̓̕o̶̰̖͚͈̦̠̽̋̽ṇ̵̩̞̲͍̮͔̯̩̦̗̄̿͒̊́̑͆̊͒̀͠.̶̰̱̗̩̮͍̮͍͓̜̝̙̔ ̸̢̡̙̝̼̤͈͓̘̦͈̯̃̄̈̈́̇̃̿͊̀͛̏̽̈́́͠I̴͓͚̝͍͉̠͍͖̠̍̈'̷̧̨̢̣̖̬̭̯̗͔̝̭̭͐̈́̉́͘m̵̡̧̢̨̛̹̙̦͎̭̩͉̟̆̽̈̀̑͆̔̈́̀͠͠͝ ̶̛̞͈̩̳̩̼̙̟̪͈̎̈̓̀͑̅̐͘̚͝n̷̢͇͈̻̤͐̓̓͊̈́̓͛̈́̇ǫ̷̨̹̰͙̰̞̤͙̟́͗̽͝ͅt̷̨̗͚͇̰̓̂͂̈́̋̑͊̓͐̃̋͝ ̸̼̫̣̺͔̞̟͎͕̪̥̭̓̿͂́͋͒͋͌̓͛̕̕͠͠d̴͙̟̥̳͈͔̗̦͓̮͈̾͜͝ͅo̸̢̞͖̝̭̒̍̓̏̕͜͠i̷̢̞̖̦̻̝̖̓́͐͠͝n̴̜̯͎͙̮͒͆̎̓͂̔̃́̑̔̽̑̚̕̚g̴͉̳͇̲͓̝̘͖̳͒͑̃͌̈́̀̓̍̔̉ ̴̱̦͉̮̮̃į̶̼͔͍͈̥͚̹̹͙̞͕͆̃͘t̸̡̺̠̞̖̉̓̈̆̈́̎̀̂̎̀͂̌̚̚ ̷͕̗̱̘̖̲̠͖̟̲͙̠̩̜͋͒̇̊̿́̍̕ͅm̵͇̟͇̘̘͕͈͚̘̿̌͋̀͜y̷̛͉͙̎̊̔̓́̇̔̒̄̅̔̈̔͠s̵̢̖͉̹̙̮͍̭͓̩͎̟̟̱̈̓͛̈͠ĕ̴̤̱̫͇̙̓͒̎̃̐̅̀̒̽l̸̬̮͈̠̒̍͜f̸̧̘͍̺͕̻͓̠̳͚̥̀͛́̆̑̀́̅͆̇͘͝ͅͅ.̶̗͍̓͋͆́̃̊̐́̏͑͗̉̓͘"

Translation: fine. I am merciful. I will give you ONE information. I'm not doing it myself.

The abstracted turn unresponsive to the rest of Caine's questioning. He's soon forced to give up and leave.

"You fool! Why would you tell him." A voice commands from the shadows.

"Because he will never find out. He's too much of an idiot to." The abstracted responded calmly. "And besides. I serve no one."

"You will serve me. Whether you like it or not. Without me you will never find your little friend..." the abstracted growled.

287 words! This was a lore setup chapter! See you guys in the next chapter!