12| Flight And Dance

"Doll."

"Hun."

"Cute," he said and I heard him chuckled lightly behind me as I patted Dalinda, a small smile creeping up on my face. "But seriously, you might want to see this."

I almost spun around at that, frowning at how serious his tone suddenly became.

What could possibly be worrying him? We were in the middle of nowhere, also known as Land's End Cavern, also known as where the Shane Gang was trapped by this crazy game master that kidnaps slingers for their slugs this one time.

Planning to practice slinging, we came to the cavern because of the ginormous wasteland, giving us a lot of space to train. Eli was riding Burpy around the area, practicing his Infurnus riding as he ensured the area was safe to sling at. When I turned around to see him, he was almost in the middle of the huge piece of land, crouching down at something his back was blocking from my view, with Burpy perching on his shoulder, glancing down.

I was with Dalinda and Lucky, where they were parked at a distance away when Eli called me over. Refusing to walk all the way to him, I mounted Dalinda as she made her way towards him, dragging her tail behind her as she walked.

Dalinda looked over his shoulder and so did I, to see Doc on the ground, his body glowing as he healed an injured Armashelt beside him. The poor slug laid beside the healer, trembling with a pretty bad cut on a limb.

"An Armashelt?" I questioned aloud. "In the middle of nowhere?"

"Yeah," Eli said, turning back to shoot me a frown. "An injured one too."

"You think something's going on?" I asked, looking down at the slug.

"Definitely," he answered, following my gaze and glanced at the harmed slug worriedly. "Armashelts don't just end up in Land's End wounded."

The glow diminished from Doc's markings before he opened his eye, glancing down at the now asleep Armashelt with a big curious eye.

"Poor guy," I mumbled, dismounting Dalinda and crouching down beside Eli. I scooped the Armashelt into my palm and put him into my backpack. He was too worn out to even react to my touch.

"He's mine now."

"I was the one who found him."

"You already have Banger. Why would you need two Armashelts for?"

"Why not? They're cool."

"But I don't have an Armashelt."

"Not my problem."

My head shot up at him as he got up on his feet with an amused look and I quickly followed him. Looking up at him with a small pout, he stared down at me expressionlessly. His muscular figure easily towered over mine, and his blue eyes searched mine.

"Please?"

"No."

I huffed, crossing my arms on my chest. I raised an eyebrow at him when the corners of his lips raised, and he ruffled my hair.

"Of course, babe. Anything for you," he smiled. "I don't need two Armashelts. Who am I? Boss Ember?"

"That's what I thought," I chuckled, attempting to push his hand away from my head but obviously my strength was no match against his. So instead, I went for his hair, unintentionally closing in the distance between us. His hands travelled down my back to my waist when my arms were over his shoulders, sending shivers down my spine, and it took everything in me to not show any reaction other than a small gasp.

He laughed and let me messed up his raven blue hair, and I froze when he leaned forward and pecked my lips.

"Mess up my hair," he said, beaming at me. "I'd still look good."