Chapter 23: An Order

Pierre finished his enrollment process after the talk with the department and university council. From their agreement, he had to finish his subjects and clear the INC status in each of it. Luckily, the department was lenient to him.

The young man was the top student in the department and their only potential candidate for being summa cum laude, so they assured him that he will retain his grades after complying to the requirements and his scholarship will continue as usual. They aren't gonna waste him that easily.

He was walking to the dorms, slowly while thinking after Maricar had a very small talk with him earlier. It was just a small one, however it speaks for everything she felt while he was away.

Pierre had flashbacks of what happened earlier.

“Pierre.”

The man looked at Maricar. She called yet didn't even give him a glance. The taxi was quiet for a second. It was only the engine and the faint noise outside that made the car far from the deafening silence. Just like earlier, he didn't reply.

“I'm calling you.” her tone became quite irritated.

Still, not a word went out of his mouth. Maricar sighed.

“I can't believe that you're the one who left yet you're the one who got a bad attitude.”

It was unnecessary for him to respond. She would only criticize him. Pierre knew it and avoided everything.

He sighed as he came back to his senses.

Knocking on the door of his former home, he was excited to see his friends. His friends must've missed talking to him after he didn't have any connections with them for more than a month. He also owe them an apology.

“I told you, I don't want—Pierre!?” it was Jude.

Pierre smiled and went inside with his luggage. Jude suddenly jumped on him and gave a big hug. The other two quickly went to him and greeted with a hug and some pats.

“Long time no see, huh? You really hide from us for almost two months!” Marco gave him a light blow on his back.

“It's good to have you back.” Lester was still the same quiet guy.

Knowing that all of them missed his presence, Pierre apologized. He was out of reach for almost two months. It's understandable that they will be worried about him. But at least he was able to explain why he went back to his province and went back safely, or else he would be gone missing.

“I'm sorry I wasn't able to contact you guys, I lost my phone.”

“You have your laptop. Don't tell me you cannot enter the university forum with a desktop?” Marco reasoned out. Pierre told them the truth straightforwardly, making them shocked to hear it.

“I had to pawn it off while I was back there.”

After they learned about it, all of them suddenly became serious. Knowing his life is such a disastrous one when his aunt and her family intervenes his life, they knew that Pierre can't say no to them. Especially when he acknowledged the fact they took care of him while his mother was gone for too long. He is basically indebted with the family.

“Did you took it back?” Pierre replied with a nod. Lester blew air in relief. “That's good.”

“Don't tell me, you made yourself there an ATM machine for them? Bro, you have to consider your future. Isn't it enough for them that you gave them money since your first stipend? That was even more than half of what you received, bro!” Jude exclaimed. He was really worried about his friend. He could have bought himself things he never experienced. Hanging out with them is still a rare occasion.