Chapter 12: I'm Here

Maricar dressed up nicely with the gray satin gown with a slit on the left side. It also has a few lines of small gray agates dangling from the groin to both sides of her waist.

She took her jewelry box and wore her silver and diamond earrings to match the dress. After a few finishing touches, she was ready to go.

It was the day of the fashion gala held in at Lux Hotel and Events Center on the other side of the city. Maricar prepared earlier than the 11 o'clock opening ceremony.

She peeked on her phone on the desk. It was still quarter to ten in the morning. If she will go before the clock strikes at the next hour, Maricar will be on time for the ceremony.

After deciding what to use, she took her zebra Chanelle purse and phone before going out of her room. Her eyes laid upon the guy who just ignored her for almost a week.

From that incident alone, it made Pierre broke his promise of making Maricar not hostile to him.

Technically, he didn't fail. Maricar was surprised about his actions. Although she wanted to tease him more about what happened last week, she didn't bother to do it so. He finally gave in to her requests, but she wasn't as excited as before.

There's something she craved on doing. Even if it was annoying, it felt like Maricar adjusted to a new environment even before she fully adapted to the environment she was working on.

She cleared her throat as she stopped on the side of the couch where the guy was sitting. Pierre hesitated on looking but his recent apathetic approach didn't help him from stopping the urge to turn.

He stunned a blink as soon as he saw her. She was too gorgeous and shiny on his eyes. His mouth was about to open, however he luckily got onto his senses.

“I'm going to an event. I may go home late tonight. Just lock the door, I have my key,” she told him and waited for his reply.

He only responded with a small nod. The young lady accepted the reply and went ahead to the door outside. But before she opened the door, she turned around to his direction. Pierre noticed her not leaving without turning his head to the lady.

He asked, “You need something?”

Maricar struck a pose and asked her housemate, “Look at me. Am I attractive?”

Pierre did a side eye on her before shortly replying a grunt, “Mm.”

“Look at me,” Maricar authoritatively said. She didn't see him batting an eye.

The young man dejectedly replied, “I already saw it. It's not bad. It's shiny.”

She blew air in annoyance and went out slamming the door.

‘Unreliable guy.’

Maricar arrived at the hotel, ten minutes before the opening ceremony. It was grand, with silver-colored decorations around, the theme was very pure and full of luster.

As she walked towards the entrance, the doorman asked, “Your invitation, ma'am?”

The young lady flashed the invitation her professor gave, which the personnel checked before nodding to his buddy who opened the door on a closed event.

As she walked on the red carpet leading to the main hall, camera flashed from different media companies and paparazzi almost blinded her vision.

Dare to be Bold Gala held by one of the biggest designers in the Philippines, David, are usually attended by big names and celebrities. Few may get on their hands an invitation by having connections from some friends and acquaintances, which Maricar's professor did.