Chapter 3: You're Grounded

As Maricar stepped inside the premises, students she passed by as she walk can't help to look at her. It was like she magnetize their eyes on her.

No one can turn down such a hot gossip. Everything happened last night where she can't control, pictures were taken and posted in the forum hours after the incident.

Maricar haven't seen those yet. Without the knowledge on the issue, she has no reason to browse in the forum.

Ryan, who was getting late, saw Maricar on the gate.

He chased her and greeted, “Hey, you're going to our Italian class later?”

Maricar nodded but uttered a different topic, “Don't strike while the rod is hot, Ryan. Everyone has eyes on me.”

With that warning, Ryan bid goodbye.

Yet after a few seconds, he went back and said, “Oh, say hi to Bianca for me.”

The volume of the gossips seemed to increase.

One student has posted an update in the forum, trying to contribute to the heated discussion in the platform.

‘I just saw #her at the gate trying to flirt with our British student. Even her friend's date, she's snaking him from her! She's fucked up.’

3 Likes          2 Comments

Maricar was really clueless from what's happening in the forum. In her mind, what happened earlier was just a small interaction but it may give people some idea.

She was thankful Ryan didn't do something suspicious-looking, like sending Bianca breakfast. Or it will escalate to a bigger issue.

Issue after issue, she may trigger her dad some series of migraine. Maricar wanted to advice her dad to stay away from reading the forum, but dads like him couldn't care less.

Especially with a problematic daughter like her who may find a fight anytime and anywhere.

As Maricar reached her college building, Bianca was waiting at the entrance.

Bianca saw and ran towards Maricar, “Girl! Another issue for you.”

‘I knew it already.’

Maricar smiled, “Ryan wants to say hi and good morning to you.”

In an instant, Bianca's cheeks turned red. She forgot about the issue.

Not the one with Ryan, but the bigger issue posted earlier. Bianca thought her friend knee it already, so she dropped the idea of telling her when it fact she doesn't know a single thing.

She cupped her flustered face, “So that's what that guy said to you… but still! I know you don't care about your issues in the forum, your dad is the person you have to consider…”

Maricar, although bothered, tried to stay calm and nodded.

“Your father have seen everything, am I right?”

She glanced at the girl beside her, “My father wants to kick me out if another big issue happens.”

Bianca dropped her jaw, “What?! Where will you live then?”

‘My mom could help me, but I know she's not enthusiastic about the issues either. She may side with my dad.’

Maricar fixed her hair before answering, “I'll rent an apartment.”

“You're not going to live with me at the dorms?”

She gave Bianca a sarcastic look, “So you want to make the girls' dormitory a boxing ring? Is that what you want?”