"I see..." Was Hanni's only manageable answer. But the longer she's looking at his face, the more she's realizing. "You're okay?" She asked, somehow still felt a bit worried for him. "Just a headache. It's all fine." He answered rather nonchalantly.

"Look I have to go now or I'll be late for class okay?" Jun glanced over at his watch as Hanni could only sigh silently as she nodded her head before Jun just left her sight while hissing caused by the headache he got from 'doing his assignments all night'.

"If this is love..." Hanni closed her eyes as she breathed out silently. "...why am I feeling this sadness instead of happiness?" A person as cheerful as Pham Hanni, being all down and seemingly tired was too hurtful for Haerin to see as she just wrapped her arm around her, hugging her close as Hanni instantly broke down into tears.

"Believe in what your heart wants..." Haerin whispered as she was patting Hanni's back, comforting her. "...eventually, you will finally find the happiness you're looking for. Just believe in your heart."

Two weeks later

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Two weeks later

"You sure you're okay today Hanni? You seemed tired ever since you clocked in this afternoon." Chaeyoung asked as she was cleaning the steamer while peeking over at Hanni a few times at the front counter. "I'm okay, just a bit tired from work and classes. That's all"

"You young people nowadays, always working hard while being too hard on yourself." Chaeyoung ranted as Hanni just formed a guilty smile. Chaeyoung then proceeded to make cups of hot latte for the two of them before handing one to Hanni.

"How's flat white been treating you?" Chaeyoung asked as Hanni just chuckle slightly. "His name is Jun unnie. I know we used to call him flat white before." Hanni clarified as the older woman just shrugged. "Well he is still flat white to me."

"It's been two weeks and as of now he's been treating me okay." Hanni answered. "Just okay? That doesn't sound convincing." Chaeyoung made tch sounds. "I mean Jun did take me out to lunch, dinner, we had walks at the park some times. But it's just that, every time we're together, it's really hard for me to open up to him as Jun seems to be keeping his own personal life away from our conversation as much as possible."

"And sometimes he might not be there when I needed someone to talk to but he always comes up with reasons of his own and as things stand between us now, I just couldn't help but to trust his reasons." Hanni took a sip of her coffee before sighing lightly.

"How's your best friend been holding on?" As if she knew what was happening, Chaeyoung calmly asked the younger woman who remained silent for a short bit. "Ever since I told him about Jun, we haven't spoken face to face until now... not even in texts also..."

"I tried to confront him but failed every time as I'm scared that I'll only make things worse. I don't know what happened between us but it's breaking me down every time to see that he lost his smile every time our eyes met." Chaeyoung who heard that could only sigh in silence as she instantly caught the bigger picture but decided to keep it to herself.

ꜱᴘʀɪɴɢ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴅʀᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ✧ ʜᴀɴɴɪ ᴘʜᴀᴍजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें