Chapter 11: Confrontation

So, Lloyd was the Green Ninja.

I had been right to suspect he and his group were some type of law enforcement team, but I wouldn't have guessed that'd make them the ninja, literal idols of the city. And that'd explain the familiar voice of the Red Ninja from the news to that dinner at the pizzeria.

I connected dots in my head, including the monastery being their 'HQ,' and the 'water power' thing Nya had said being literal. And, if my light bit of research was correct, that'd make Nya the lighter-blue ninja with elemental water abilities. And Lloyd being the Green Ninja is the master of energy.

I still needed to piece some identities together, but this was a great start.

It's a little annoying though that my mornings start off with keeping track of all this. I had just woken up in the new apartment, and my mind was already stressing about work.

Y'know what? Let's restart. I sat up in the comfortable bed, so much better than the springy one from the motel. I rubbed my eyes a bit to rid the of sleepiness, slowly waking up. I stretched my arms a bit, throwing them over my head, putting each arm in front of my chest, stuff like that. Eventually, I slipped out from under the covers, allowing the cold air outside of my blanket brush against me, immediately shooting goosebumps all across me. I shivered, but it didn't stop me from getting ready.

After about twenty minutes, I was able to brush my teeth, wash my face, and change. I stayed in the sports bra and the Christmas pyjamas I wore to sleep, slipping on Lloyd's gray jacket to cover me up and keep me warm. Now, I stood in the small kitchen of the apartment, a TV show playing from the living room where I could see it.

I poured myself coffee from the coffee pot, adding a bit of creamer to sweeten it a bit. I took the mug with me to the living room, where I placed it on the table in front of the couch, along with the bagel I had spread some cream cheese on. It's nice that a bit of food came along with the place, or else I would've had to go out and find some place for breakfast.

Sitting on the couch, I looked out the window to the right of me, where I could see the asphalt streets below and the skyscrapers above. I know that cities weren't a lot of people's favorite places, but I'd love to live in a city like this forever. It may be noisy at night, the only bit of silence it has is the morning time, but it just seemed so perfect.

When we were kids, Skylor and I would play 'Sister,' a game basically like playing 'Family' with a mom and dad and daughter and son, but it would be just us. We would pretend we just moved to some well-known and famous city like LA or New York, and then pretend we had to get jobs and we'd have a golden retriever dog named Pancake...

To be back in simpler times like that. That would be perfect.

But I can't. I can't just become a kid again. I can't just be a small child again.

I can bring back Skylor though. I had taken the Infinity Pendant out of my pockets from yesterday after I had arrived home from the library trip. I held it now in my hand, placing it on the table next to my bagel.

It glowed it's usual glow. It's like you could feel the power surrounding it, tethering you to its calls. Like it's been waiting to be used.

If only I could figure out how.

I took a bite of my bagel, sighing as I sat back into the cushioning of the couch. I looked to the TV to see if anything interesting was happening, grabbing the remote and flipping it to the News station. I was partially wondering if the Ninja would be featured as well.

To my disappointment, Gayle Gossip was just showing off some comic store for kids, introducing the newest addition to the Fritz Donnegon collection. I leaned back into the couch, huffing a defeated breath as I pulled out my phone to keep my brain occupied.