Chapter 4: Unveiling Secrets

Chase's P.O.V
My heart raced as I approached Tuck and Ella sitting together at our usual hangout spot. Something about their hushed conversations and shared glances had piqued my curiosity lately. As I drew nearer, the realization hit me like a ton of bricks - they were dating.

I couldn't believe it. Tuck and Ella, the mighty twins, my closest friends, were more than just that. A wave of mixed emotions surged within me - surprise, confusion, and a hint of betrayal. How had I missed the signs? The secret glances, the way they laughed together – it all made sense now.

"Ella, Tuck," I stammered, trying to hide the shock in my voice. "Is there something you guys haven't been telling me?"

They exchanged a glance, and Ella's eyes widened slightly. Tuck scratched the back of his head nervously, a guilty smile playing on his lips. My mind raced as I waited for an explanation, my heart sinking deeper into an unexpected pit of uncertainty.

Ella spoke first, breaking the silence. "Chase, we didn't plan to keep it from you. It just sort of happened."

Tuck nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we didn't want things to get awkward between us, and we weren't sure how you'd react."

I took a deep breath, attempting to process the revelation. The realization settled in, and I managed a weak smile. "I guess I'm just surprised. Why didn't you guys tell me sooner?"

Ella sighed, "We didn't want it to change our friendship. But now that you know, we hope you're okay with it."

As I looked at them, a sense of understanding washed over me. They were still the same people I had grown close to, just with a new layer to their relationship. I nodded, offering a genuine smile, "Of course, I'm happy for you guys. It just caught me off guard, that's all."

We continued hanging out, laughter filling the air, but a subtle shift had occurred. The dynamics of our trio had evolved, and I couldn't deny that things felt different. As the day unfolded, I couldn't help but wonder how this revelation might impact our friendship in the long run. "Chase?" Ella asked me. "Yeah, Ella?" I asked. "Tuck and I are dating," Ella replied. "Wait, aren't you two siblings?" I asked.
"Yes, but we discovered that our bond goes beyond just siblings," Tuck replies. "Congratulations you two, "I reply. "Can you please keep this a secret?" They asked. Oh, great another I have to keep from my leader Ryder I think to myself. "Yeah sure," I reply. I can't believe I'm keeping 2 secrets away from the person I look up to which is Ryder.