A Dastardly Threat! Loki's Devastating Assault!

Comenzar desde el principio

Bruce stepped in on the conversation, having an opinion of his own on the matter. "You both are right .... because someone has to do something...... we're the only ones that really know this is happening right now. But not only are the Avengers split very thin as is, but we don't have our heaviest hitters. With Hank and Jan being nowhere to be found, Tchalla back in Wakanda recently, Captain Marvel in space and Hawkeye helping S.H.I.E.L.D with another mission, we don't stand much of a chance." The gamma scientist brings up while remaining calm as possible. Even if he wasn't turning into the hulk, he had to be sure to be careful in case he randomly emerged. He didn't want the jade giant to destroy everything.

The first Avenger shakes his head, showing his frustration in the situation. "Between all of us that are left, we can at least hold them back until we can get even a little backup." He brings up trying to inspire the team to be prepared to fight.

Natasha stared at Tony who was leaning on a table casually, taking a sip of his drink. "You got something on your mind. Spill it." She told him bluntly.

At first the billionaire philanthropist didn't say anything. Mainly out of respect for some of the teammates, but he couldn't hold it in forever. So he exhaled sharply and sat up to slowly walk around the meeting room. "Just the same thing I've been suggesting for the last year. This enough evidence to prove to you that it's a good idea to-"

"To let our children fight our battles at this young age? Forget it Stark." Steve interrupted the armored avenger before he could even finish his sentence. The one and only reason he knew what Tony was going to say was because he had been told to let their kids fight with them for the last two years. It got to a point where it was predictable to everyone.

Natasha on the other hand, saw both perspectives on the matter. On one hand, they were still just kids and learning to be heroes in training. They weren't ready for the world they lived yet. Least of all of the team was still learning how to be a team. On the other hand though, she also knew what better way to learn than on the field? All they knew so far was combat training. What if they had to rescue civilians that were in danger? However, she refused to say anything on the subject. Perhaps she knew something in the back of her mind.

Then there was Bruce, who was doing his best to stay out of this argument. He wanted no part of it because for one, he knew how Steve would react to it, and two, they weren't his kids. So he really has no say in the matter as far as he was concerned. Sure he helped raise them in some ways, but that's all he was. An assistant babysitter.

But Tony refused to back down from this. "Why? What's the problem with letting them learn on the field?" He asked sure he knew what the answer was. "Didn't you say earlier today that James himself was doing better?" He added on to his point.

The captain rolled his eyes while keeping his hands on his desk. Of course he'd throw that in his face after he said it. "Yeah, better. But not ready." Steve told him as he finally looked at his teammate. "They're not ready yet. Nowhere near it yet." He added on while heading toward the door. "Until then, we protect Deirdre and the kids. Make sure Loki doesn't try anything." He then ordered everyone who complied with him.

An hour later, Deirdre was relaxed in her room after getting it set up. There wasn't much for her to pack up thankfully. Just some of her extra armor, her axe, and spare sheets for her bed. Though she still didn't feel at home yet, she felt a step closer to feeling as if she wasn't a stranger in a foreign land. However, that peace wouldn't last long, as she heard some explosions just outside her window. When she hurried to check on them, she saw some of those same trolls outside attacking, with some tanks and turrets headed toward the headquarters. She frantically hurried to get the front lines, terrified because she knew what was coming! As soon as she got further down the hall, she saw James, Yvonne and Pym gather together with Torunn coming not far behind. "Did you hear??? There's-"