The girls exchanged a brief look, shrugging at each other nonchalantly.

Hope turned to Alaric, "It ends with us winning, right?"

"Yeah" Alaric answered.

"There you have it" Kayak deadpanned, chuckling.

Lizzie raised her hand, "Where the hell is MG?"

Kayla furrowed her eyebrows, looking around as if just realizing the boy wasn't there.

"Found a note from him this morning" Kaleb announced, and if anything, his explanation made Kayla's frown deepen even more. "He went to go help Alyssa Chang"

Lizzie smirked, joining her cousin and the tribid, "Then I'm in, too"

"Yeah. Make that the four of us" Landon jogged up to stop on the other side of Hope.

Kayla rolled her eyes, looking away.

Alaric gave him a serious look, "Landon, this is gonna be very dangerous. And given recent events..."

"I went to that school" Landon interrupted, giving him a pleading look, hooking his arm around Hope's. He glanced at her and her best friend, immediately adding, "I mean, I'll stay out of the fight, but I can help" Alaric looked at Hope. Hope looked at Kayla.

At the silence, the siphoner realized almost everyone was looking at her. She gave them a nonchalant wide eyed look as if asking 'why the hell are you asking for my input?'. This was not her damsel in distress boyfriend after all.

Without being able to speak through their heads through the day, Hope and Kayla had to rely on how well they knew each other.

Kayla tilted her head; she didn't care wether Landon came or not.

Hope pursed her lips, turning to Alaric, deciding, "Like he said, we're in"

Landon looked relieved, nodding.

Alaric nodded slowly, "All right" he looked around his students, "Who else is with us?"

~8~

Everyone at the school agreed to go. Wanted to become heroes.

Kayla followed her cousins while the other students battled monsters and Hope and Landon found a way to get inside the school.

"Stop being a crybaby, Jo"

Kayla stormed into the twins' room, having just made a spell to locate MG.

Lizzie was in front of Josie, holding a coin to her. A coin Lizzie explained Josie had stored her powers to siphon in. She had stopped trusting herself around magic after everything she did.

Josie frowned as she looked between the two girls, shaking her head, "You of all should not want me to do magic, Kay. I almost killed you"

"Almost being the key word" Kayla replied, walking further into the room, stopping in front of her, "The only mistake you made was use a hell lot dark magic without building a restraint to it first. It is why I was able to resist it. My family dabbled on dark magic since I was little"

Lizzie again held up the coin to Josie, "Jo. Please. I wouldn't ask you to do this" she held her hand for her cousin. Without hesitating, Kayla accepted it, both girls looking straight at Josie, "If recent events have taught me anything, it's that you and I are more powerful together than we are apart. We are family"

"We are gemini witches after all" Kayla reminded. Josie's lips twitched as she looked between the two girls. "And I promise to teach you how to control yourself around dark magic so what happened to you doesn't happen again" Kayla added after a second.