15

Seungmin awoke in a warm embrace, the sunlight gently filtering through the curtains and casting a soft glow on the room. He felt content and at peace, a rare sensation after the recent turmoil he had experienced with Bangchan.

As he gradually became more aware of his surroundings, he realized that he was hugging someone. Seungmin turned his head and was met with the sight of Jeongin, his dear friend and almost like a younger brother. 

Jeongin's arms were wrapped around him, and a small, affectionate smile played on his lips.

It was a heartwarming moment, and Seungmin couldn't help but return the smile. He knew that in Jeongin's presence, he had found a safe haven, a place where he could be himself without judgment or fear.

Unbeknownst to Seungmin, Jeongin had been awake for a while, playing with Seungmin's hair as he watched him sleep. The bond they shared was special, nurtured from the moment they were born, their mothers being good friends. They had grown up together, and their unique connection had transformed into a deep and unbreakable friendship.

Seungmin's eyes fluttered open, and his smile widened when he saw Jeongin's bright eyes. "Hey, Innie."

Jeongin giggled, "Good morning, Seungminnie."

Seungmin's heart swelled with affection for his friend, whom he regarded almost as a younger brother, despite the fact that Jeongin was considerably taller. "How are you feeling today?"Jeongin's grin was infectious.

 "I'm feeling great, especially because you're here."

Seungmin felt a rush of happiness, appreciating the unwavering support and genuine affection that Jeongin always offered. "I'm okay, Innie. Not good, not bad, but with you, I'm feeling happier."

They decided to start their day by making breakfast together, chatting and sharing stories as they cooked. Seungmin appreciated the normalcy of the moment, the feeling of being in a place where he was accepted and loved unconditionally.

After breakfast, they settled in the living room, surrounded by an array of movies they could choose from. They laughed, shared popcorn, and enjoyed each other's company.

As the day passed, Jeongin noticed that Seungmin's phone had been on silent, and he observed that there were numerous missed calls from Bangchan. Concerned, Jeongin picked up the phone and answered one of the calls, his tone firm and protective.

"Seungmin is here with me, and he's okay," Jeongin said, not giving Bangchan a chance to speak. "But if you truly love him, you shouldn't be crying on the phone. You should be here, supporting him, instead of causing him pain. Give him the space he needs."

Jeongin's words were spoken with a level of conviction that only a true friend could muster. He had always been Seungmin's steadfast protector, and now, more than ever, he was determined to shield his friend from further heartache.

As he ended the call, he turned to Seungmin, his eyes filled with understanding and warmth. "You have friends who care about you, Seungmin. You're not alone in this."Seungmin smiled, his heart swelling with gratitude for the incredible friend he had in Jeongin. "I know, Innie, and I'm thankful for you."