"Alessio Cassian Salvatorini!" she thundered and a look from Matteo told me that he was thinking the same thing I was.

What had I unknowingly done?

"Arianna Viola Valentino" I say calmly, deciding that me being level headed would help to at least bring Aria's anger down a few notches.

"Did you fucking agree to marry Gabriella to Matteo, and don't even think about lying to me," Aria says her eyes like a lioness's and holding all the fierceness of one. Matteo exchanged a look with me and I could practically read the fuckers mind.

You fucked up.

"Matteo don't think I'm not more pissed off with you, my sister is barely nineteen, and you've just decided that you get to lay claim over her, isn't one Valentino daughter enough?" Aria exasperates a look of vengeful defiance crossing her face and I knew that she wouldn't let this go no matter what I said or did if it wasn't the honest and complete truth.

I need a scotch for this one.

Slipping off my shoes I unbuttoned my jacket before gesturing towards the hall that would lead deeper into the house where I planned to sit and have a drink while explaining to Aria what Matteo and I had discussed on the night of Luca's wedding.

Matteo chose to walk ahead of me whether that was because he wanted to make sure he was comfy before Aria asked any questions or if my future wife scared him I didn't know but I hoped it was the first because nothing had scared my brother ever.

Slipping through the open doors of the cigar lounge I watched Matteo take one of the chairs near the fireplace that always burned brightly no matter what time of day it was. Something I'd always taken full advantage of because no one had ever promised me anything, my future as Boss of the Familia wasn't even certain because of my father having to wait all the years he did to become the Boss over Liguria, I wouldn't take that from him, but it would me the name of my siblings and I that people feared. Though currently it was Aria who was terrifying my family.

"When Matteo and I left Luca's wedding for that half an hour period we talked about how me marrying you leaves the chance that someone would exploit your sister being of marrying age to get close to the Salvatorini Family, it was Matteo's thought that having him marry your sister leaves the ability void since most of my siblings either have someone they are with, or have their eye on," I say all while mixing together a glass of my preferred liquor.

"So you're using my sister as a way of isolating your power?" Aria questions and the fire in her eyes grew while she cast a narrow eyed glower towards my brother and he just smirked back.

Aria was going to kill him if he kept going.

I thought through nearly all of my actions, though I, like Aria was guilty of acting on impulse however mine even if irrational were planned, and organized, Aria acted on impulse and her habit of wanting to stand out of the parameters set for most women. A woman like her would make most made men go mad with anger, and they likely would raise a hand to her. However the fact she was assertive about her opinion and made sure that she was never underestimated for simply being a woman wasn't ever something I'd pass her up on. She was a fast learner and even if she had limitations when we spared, she was decent, and for anyone but the men within the Familia's she would be a challenge.

I also didn't doubt she'd be able to put Matteo in his place.

"Aria, your sister is pretty, and your future husband and I believe that if we can keep it so that the three largest Mafioso families in Italy, remain as one without outside influence the territories, would be impossible for other crime families to challenge," Matteo says omitting that Salvatorini was going to be in control of all of Italy once Aria married me.