Chapter Nine- Trouble in Paradise

Start from the beginning

Once I break the surface of the water and inhale, I look around for Corey. Water is dripping from his hair, into his eyes, making him look adorable. I pout at him and he grins.

"Don't do that," he says.

"Do what?" I ask, not knowing what he is talking about.

"Pout at me. Or else I'm going to have to kiss you again,"

"I don't mind that punishment," I make the pout again this time making it bigger. He starts towards me in the water when a ball comes out of nowhere hitting me in the back head. I face-planted unattractively into the water. I groaned and rubbed the back of the head.

Corey glared in the direction that the ball came from. I trudged out of the water, considering the moment was over. I sat down on the sand and sighed heavily. Corey plopped down beside me, obviously a bit grumpy.

"What's wrong, boyfriend? God I love saying that," I giggle.

"Nothing, I'm fine," I flinch slightly at his tone and look away.

"Um, I don't think you-"

"Drop it," he snaps, cutting me off.

"Whatever forget it," I get up and stomp over to the toilets. I slam the stall door and sit on the toilet.

Small tapping noises come from the door. I ignore them and try to soften my breathing.

"April? I know you're in there,"

*Blake Rivers*

I came to the beach to surf but the waves are practically dead. I walk up towards the toilets, because I park my car behind them.

"April? I know you're in there," A familiar voice says. I only know one person named April and that is April Thorne.

"Go away, I want to be alone for a minute," I hear a girls voice reply.

I walk around to the front of the toilets and see the guy April was with at school. Also the one she practically mauled in front of me and the entire cafeteria.

His eyes hardened the second they met mine.

"What do you want?" he snapped at me.

"Woah, calm down buddy. I just wanted to see if everything is alright,"

"It's none of your business,"

"And it is yours?" I retort.

"Yeah it is. Considering she's my girlfriend," the tone in his voice was almost gloating. Like he is trying to rub it in my face that he got her, not me.

I roll my eyes at him.

"Whatever, dude," I start to walk away but a firm hand latches onto my shoulder. I spin around but am met with a fist to the jaw. I stumble back a couple of steps but recover and throw a punch, hitting him square in the stomach.

*April Thorne*

I heard Corey and Blake's entire conversation but now I can hear shuffles and groans. I leap up from the toilet and rush outside to see the two boys fighting each other.

"Corey! Stop!" I scream at him.

"Why are you defending him?" he snaps.

"He was just trying to help! Let him go!" Corey just ignores me and throws another punch.

A tear falls down my cheek knowing that Corey is completely ignoring me. I run away from him and down the side street. I don't stop running until I've made it back to the school. I run through the gates and head to my locker. I left my bag in there because Corey was ushering me out of the school.