✏️-Welcome to the Monster World -✏️

So, where do I start? I sure have a lot of headcanons.
Well, let's start with the most important things. I generally tend to interpret most monsters as species, rather than characters as most of the fanfics seem to. Each species has anywhere between a few hundred and several thousand members.
The Celestials and Legendaries, however, are individuals. Allow me to explain why this makes more sense to me.

Celestials are the gods of the monster world. It works way better that there's one of each, all guarding one aspect of nature. Mortals are unable to directly interact with them, and certain monsters don't believe in them, or have their own variation of what they believe.

Legendaries didn't actually exist until much more recently. As in canon, they have a strong connection to the human world, and are even rumoured to have come from there. For these, it doesn't feel right to have multiple Shugabushes running around. They're more like celebrities than anything else.

With this, keep in mind not a single ship is canon. I let shippers exist, but I don't really see the literal gods having romantic relations, the Shugafam are biologically related (with Shugabush being the father of all the others), and while the Werdos don't know if they're related (I'll explain in a later chapter), they were raised together and have a sibling bond.
-------------

Personally, I believe that all monsters are sapient in some way. They are conscious and have an average intelligence almost identical to humans, regardless of species.

Even though Monsterkind has existed and had technology for a similar amount of time to humans, they are not as developed as us. This is for a multitude of reasons:
-Monsters are pretty chill creatures and are comfortable as they are.
-They were set back by the Cataclysm.
-A lot of research is put into making infrastructure compatible for every species. This can include:
--Hallways that larger monsters can fit through, but with sections that tiny species can enter without being trampled.
--Ways for legless species to get around faster
--Furniture and buildings made to help suit various morphologies, from humanoid to the strangest of bugs.
-Possibly other reasons.

The islands are covered partially in their villages and castles, which all have their own style of architecture.
Most inhabitants of each island reside in the castle. It may seem small, but somehow it is bigger on the inside, allowing all of the island's residents to fit inside.
A few inhabitants might reside in houses outside of the castle. There are other buildings for general things like shops, restaurants, hospitals, ect.

Taking a little from the gameplay, the currency of the Monster World is gold coins. Diamonds are a secondary currency that's optional to have with you. Shards are the currency used in the Pocket Dimension, on Ethereal Island and Magical Sanctum. Currency exchanges between the two dimensions exist, although travel between them is uncommon and difficult.

--------

That's all for now! Positive feedback on my ideas is always greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but keep in mind that a lot of information will be talked about in later parts.