CHAPTER FOURTEEN - BEGINNING OF THE END

Start from the beginning

"You'd never hurt him. You'd never hurt me."

Hiccup closed the distance between them, putting his hand on Toothless' forehead.

Toothless looked up at him, his pupils growing bigger.

"How are you doing that?" Drago asked.

"Please. You are my best friend, bud."

The alpha tried harder to regain control. Toothless' pupils quickly turned back into slits.

"My best friend."

Toothless shook his head again, and his pupils turned back to normal. He looked up at Hiccup, smiling his cute smile.

"Attaboy, that's it! I'm here!"

"ENOUGH!" Drago yelled.

He tried to hit Toothless with his spear, but Toothless caught it with his teeth, and flipped over, throwing Drago off of him.

Toothless smiled again at Hiccup as he began to slowly fall.

"YEAH!" Hiccup yelled.

Toothless began to fall through the sky, and Hiccup jumped off the baby dragon to save him.

"Hang on!"

Toothless began growling, panicked as they got closer to the water.

"Almost there buddy, almost there!"

Hiccup reached Toothless just in time, sitting in the saddle and pulling them up and away from the water. They zipped through the air.

"Do something!" Drago yelled to his alpha.

"We need to get those two apart." Hiccup said to Toothless.

As they were flying by, Hiccup reached out and ripped a piece of cloth off of an old flag.

They flew by, narrowly escaping the ice sent from the alpha.

They flew behind a mountain, and Toothless growled.

"We gotta block him out, Toothless!" Hiccup called.

Hiccup held the makeshift blind-fold out.

"Do you trust me, bud?"

Hiccup tied the blind-fold around Toothless' eyes, behind his head.

"We can do this. You and me. As one."

Hiccup pushed a lever, spreading out Toothless' back tail fin.

"That's it. Now let's try this one more time!"

The crowd cheered as Hiccup and Toothless flew by.

"Take 'em down, babe!" Astrid yelled.

"Go get 'em, lil bro!" Atlas called.

Atlas turned to look around her, and she caught a glimpse of Eret holding a dirty, red-headed little girl.

She grinned, thinking it was sweet of Eret to do so. But then she shook her head. No. This was neither the time nor place to start thinking about him.

She turned her attention back on Hiccup.

"Take control of it!" Drago yelled, furious.

The alpha growled, concentrating. He tried to take control of Toothless' mind again.

Toothless whimpered, trying to fight it.

Hiccup put his hands over Toothless' ear.

"Shut it out, Toothless."

"STOP THEM!" Drago yelled.

"NOW!" Hiccup yelled, pulling a lever.

Just as the alpha shot out his ice, Toothless flew above it, and over Drago, up higher.

Drago started laughing. But then he stopped short when he noticed there was no rider on Toothless.

Then Hiccup flew up from behind Drago with his flight suit, and unleashed the Zippleback gas from his sword. Then he ignited it.

"AGHHH!" Drago yelled. He fell off of his alpha and landed harshly on the ground, his spear landing a few inches away from him.

Back in the air, Hiccup looked in front of him and groaned. The alpha's tail was coming up fast, and he was going to crash into it.

"Not again. Toothless, it's now or never!"

Toothless growled, determined. He concentrated, bringing his extra back spines out.

"Come on, bud!"

Toothless caught Hiccup, and quickly raced through the spikes on the alpha's tail.

"Hold onnnn. Yeah, we did it!"

They spiraled through the air a few times, and landed on the ground, a few feet away from Drago.

Drago reached for his spear, but Hiccup threw his fire sword in front of him, stopping him. Drago growled.

"Hold him there, Toothless. It's all over now."

But Drago smirked, looking at what was emerging behind Hiccup.

"Or is it?"

Hiccup turned to look behind him, and saw the alpha.

"Oh, no."

The alpha fired, and Hiccup covered his head. Toothless dove in front of Hiccup, trying to protect him.

Valka leaped off her dragon and landed on the ground, and Atlas rushed forward.

"No!" They both yelled at the same time.

Not him, Atlas thought, blinking away the tears and trying to push down the panic that clawed in her throat. Anyone but him.

Valka hit the ice several times, knowing she wasn't going to be able to get through but still desperate.

Atlas closed her eyes and rested her head against the ice. Not fair, she was thinking. It wasn't fair.

A/N: How awesome am I that I got the next chapter out two days early? So awesome. I wanted to say thank you so so much for 400+ reads! Wow, this is really happening so quickly! I love all you peeps so much! Please remember to comment and vote. Thank you!

XOXO,

arosy 

Trust Must Be Earned | Eret Son of Eret (HTTYD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara