CHAPTER FOURTEEN - BEGINNING OF THE END

The riders flew through the mist, entering the seas of Berk.

As they got closer, they saw Berk covered in clumps of ice, with the Bewilerbeast towering over the village, all of the dragons circling overhead.

Fishlegs gasped. "He took all the dragons!"

"Distract the alpha!" Hiccup said. "Try to keep his focus off of Toothless."

"Uh... how?" Tuffnut asked.

Eret flew up closer to the front. "Have you forgotten who you're riding with?" He asked, partly to impress Atlas. "There isn't a dragon alive that I can't wrangle."

Then his dragon got out of his control and flew down, taking Eret with him.

"Ahhh! Except for this oneee!"

Snotlout scoffed. "Amateur."

Atlas leaned down and whacked Snotlout over the head. "If he's an amateur, what does that make you?"

Snotlout glared at her.

As they got closer to Berk, all of the people noticed them.

"Hey look, it's Hiccup!"

Everyone started cheering, knowing they were saved.

Drago stopped what he was doing.

"What?" He growled, annoyed.

Hiccup flew up closer to Toothless, while the others landed on the ground.

Suddenly, a sheep flew up in the air, right in front of the alpha's face. Then another.

"Keep 'em coming!" Ruffnut called.

"Black sheep, baby!" Snotlout yelled, throwing it to Atlas who threw it to Tuffnut.

The alpha roared, now aggravated. But the sound was echoed by the blaring of the horn nearby.

The alpha quickly looked over in that direction, but there was nothing.

The alpha roared again, and this time the black sheep flew up, landing on the alpha's head, and catching on a spike on his face. The alpha blew him off.

"Ten points!" Snotlout yelled. "Ha ha! ...Uh oh."

The team took a few steps back as the alpha became visibly mad and opened his mouth to roar again.

Another echo came from the horn.

As the alpha looked that way again, Fishlegs hid behind the horn, giggling.

He looked back to see the alpha getting ready to fire. He quickly jumped off the platform, just as the alpha sent his ice everywhere.

"I'm okay!"

After hearing Fishlegs was okay, Atlas turned her attention to the sky, where her brother was hovering.

- - - - - - -

Hiccup slowly flew up closer to Toothless and Drago, taking a few deep breaths.

Drago spoke first. "You certainly are hard to get rid of, I'll say that.

"Toothless... Hey, it's me, bud." Hiccup said, inching closer. "It's me. It's me, I'm right here, bud. Come back to me."

Drago chuckled. "He's not yours anymore. He belongs to the alpha. But, please, O great Dragon Master. Try to take him. He will not miss a second time."

"It wasn't your fault, bud." Hiccup said, extending his hand. "They made you do it."

Toothless shook his head, growling a little bit.