Part 1 - Operation Scarring Emotional Pain.

Thanks for helping me do this, Kirumi, I've never broken up with anyone before." Shuichi chuckled.

Currently, the duo of the Ultimate Detective Shuichi Saihara and the Ultimate Maid Kirumi Tojo were slowly creeping towards the front door of Ultimate Robot Keebo's house. Well, Ultimate Inventor Miu Iruma's house. Well, a house that belonged to a teacher that Miu blackmailed into letting her stay there by herself for one whole month. What? There's nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, that's where Keebo was right now, and that's all that mattered.

Shuichi and Keebo had been dating for a long while now. The beginning was fun, like all honeymoon phases were, not being able to take your hands off each other and all that. But Shuichi began to, sort of... Well, he lost feelings. Shuichi felt so, so bad for it but it would be even worse lying to Keebo. Shuichi just felt better as friends instead.

So Shuichi made a plan to break up with the Robot.

Unfortunately, Shuichi couldn't bring himself to do it alone. The thought of it made him feel PHYSICALLY SICK.

So he sought out the help of his classmate and close friend Kirumi Tojo, someone known for accepting requests and helping her classmates with numerous tasks. He and her were also members of the infamous friend group 'The Snakes', which consisted of Shuichi, Kirumi, Kaito, Korekiyo, Kokichi, and Miu. You can already understand from the members on why they get into trouble a lot. One of their journeys involved a drunk Kirumi. But that's a tale for a different time.

Anyway, Kirumi, albeit hesitantly at the thought of interfering with Keebo and Shuichi's love life, accepted the detective's request.

And to be clear, that was the reason why they were sneaking to the front door.

"Sure, what are friends for if not to help you..." Kirumi trailed off, biting her lip as she thought of her next words. "...End other friendships." She finished, instantly shaking her head at what she said. Shuichi decided to awkwardly ignore it.

"I'm just...Worried that I'll lose my nerve." Shuichi sighed, Kirumi nodding along to show her understanding. "I feel like he's a lot more invested in this relationship than I?" Shuichi rubbed the back of his head as he tried to explain what he meant.

"Do not worry, I am a pro at this." Kirumi said, a little too confident as she put her earpiece in to communicate with Shuichi. "I have been broken up with many times." She smiled proudly.

Shuichi chuckled, waiting for Kirumi to show her sign of sarcasm, but it never came, and Shuichi's laughter died down very quickly. Why did she seem so proud? Did she see it as an achievement? Had Kirumi really been broken up with a lot? How? She seemed like the perfect girlfriend in Shuichi's eyes. Perhaps something about her being preoccupied with her Ultimate?

"Have you got your earpiece in?" Kirumi asked, adjusting her own.

"Oh, yeah, do you want to test it?" Shuichi asked, backing away towards the door as he adjusted his earpiece.

"Yeah," Kirumi nodded, and the two of them began walking away to see if they could communicate properly through the earpiece.

"This is mongoose, come in...Heartbreaker." Kirumi spoke, choosing the code name 'mongoose' for herself and choosing a not very flattering code name for poor Shuichi. But it seemed like the maid was oblivious to it all, her lack of social skills probably playing a part in her obliviousness.

Shuichi stopped dead in his tracks. He then started walking back towards Kirumi, smiling sheepishly. "Okay, I need another code name."

Kirumi furrowed her brows in slight confusion, but nodded, caressing her chin thoughtfully. "...Maneater?" She muttered.