08. Lamentis [P3]

Start from the beginning

Týr hummed, intrigued by the difference to the way his enchantment worked.

"And you call me a magician." Loki scoffed.

"That young soldier from the TVA, her mind was messed up. Everything clouded. I had to pull a memory from hundreds of years prior, before she even fought for them."

Both Týr and Loki stopped in their tracks.

"What?" Loki questioned, "What'd you just say?"

"Before she joined the TVA?" Týr repeated.

"Yeah. She was just a regular person on Earth."

"A regular person?"

"Loved margaritas."

"Wait, wait." Týr held a hand out, coming to a realisation, "We were told that everyone who works for the TVA was created by the Time-Keepers."

"That's ridiculous." Sylvie stated, "They're all Variants, just like us."

"They don't know that."

An announcer from the city suddenly sounded out, "All ticketed passengers..."

"That's our ride."

The three picked up their pace.

"Ten minutes until launch."

"Final boarding call."

"Do we trust each other?" Sylvie asked, leading the trio through some sort of tunnel.

"We do and you can."

They emerged to see crowds of people screaming and shouting, the Ark looming over them.

"Good. Because this is gonna suck."

The three surged forwards, weaving amongst the crowd. Loki and Týr jumped up onto a piece of debris, looking over the heads of all these people.

They were all shouting and protesting, guards trying, and failing, to get them to stand down.

"Let us on! Let us on!"

"Five minutes until launch."

"They're gonna let these people die." Týr stated, glaring out over the chanting mass.

"We have to get on that Ark and make sure it takes off."

"How?" Loki turned to the other two.

"We go round." Týr said, grabbing Loki's hand and pulling the ravenette with him, Sylvie following close behind.

"Okay."

They ran round a corner, dodging out of the way of other people. Turning in a circle, Týr surveyed the panicking crowds.

There was a deafening cracking sound from above, and the trio looked up to see the planet splitting in two, sending even more meteors plummeting towards them.

Loki ducked as one crashed to the ground mere metres away from them, pulling Týr onwards as he started running again.

There was another explosion, and the trio were sent flying back.

Týr's ears rang, vision blurry as he barely registered Loki's hand helping him to his feet.

He guided the two into another building, Sylvie hurrying after them.

"You okay?" Loki asked him, voice still sounding slightly muffled.

"Yeah."

A guard rushed towards them, grabbing onto Sylvie's cloak, causing her to twist round, ripping it off and sending the guard to the floor with a grunt.

A second guard appeared in front of them, Týr knocking them out with a blast of blue, before another few quickly followed.

Loki punched one in the stomach, whilst Týr tugged off his jacket, using it to strangle another.

"Just go!" Sylvie shouted out to them as she sent another guard to the floor.

The three sprinted back outside, stumbling as rocks and debris fell all around them.

"Over here!" The blonde led them into the cover of a structure, where several other citizens were huddled together, muttering reassurances.

One woman suddenly ran out, a man yelling for her to wait, and the trio followed after her, taking the opportunity to make a run for it.

There was an explosion somewhere above them, a horrible creaking sounding as cell tower fell, almost on top of them.

"Run!"

The buildings behind them all came crashing down as they ran.

"Watch out!" Sylvie yelled as a large tower split in half and came barrelling towards them.

"I've got it!" Týr jerked his head up at the falling structure, focusing with his mind, before he felt it move back to it's original position.

"Come on. Let's go!"

He hurried after the other two, shoving guards out the way as they went.

"We can still make it!" Loki yelled out over the chaos.

A pair of guards came up behind Týr, pulling him back. He balled his hands into fists, releasing bursts of fire into each of the guards. He had abandoned all plans of holding back his powers.

"Týr, come on!"

He surged forward to join Loki and Sylvie as they sprinted towards the Ark.

Suddenly, another explosion caused them to halt in their tracks.

The trio watching on as a large meteor smashed through the Ark, splitting it in two.

Týr just stared in defeat, before trudging after Sylvie as she walked away, ears no longer registering the cries around them.

He couldn't bring himself to look back at Loki, still standing, gazing up at the ruins.

unedited

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

shorter one today but weeee

- Arachnid

word count: 1754